The Billing Clerk performs clerical tasks for the Billing Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Separates and mails out paper claim forms according to different payers.
- Sort and mail out patients’ statements
- Access to Medi-Cal website to check patients ‘eligibility
- Addresses envelopes or packages by hand or with typewriter.
- Assist Team leader and Manager to sort Billing Documentation to NEMS storage in accordance with the established protocol.
- Assist Team leader and Manager to update storage documentation list
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, postage machine, and personal computers.
- Maintain work operations by following policies and procedures and by reporting compliance issues.
- Protect clinic value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Perform other job duties as required by manager/supervisor and Patient Account Specialists
- High school diploma
- Prior clerical experience is a plus
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Spoken Cantonese or Mandarin a plus
- This is an FLSA Non-exempt position.
- This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).