Administrative Assistant - Job #534
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NORTH LOS ANGELES COUNTY REGIONAL CENTER
North Los Angeles County Regional Center “NLACRC” is a private, non-profit agency that is contracted with the State of California, Department of Developmental Services, to provide services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. NLACRC is one of the largest regional centers in California and has proudly served the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, and Antelope Valley since 1974. We serve individuals across the lifespan from infants and toddlers, school age children, transition-age youth, to adults and aging adults.
Receives general supervision from the Human Resources Supervisor.
The Position and Job Summary
Responsible for providing administrative support to a department in their day-to-day operations.
- Organizes and manages work flow and clerical work for assigned labor relations/HR management. Reviews incoming mail, calls, emails, and requests, directs as appropriate. Schedules and facilitates meetings and appointments and manages multiple calendars.
- Independently composes and formats complex correspondence, emails, policies, procedures, agreements, reports, graphs, spreadsheets, and databases. Prepares technical documents, such as exhibit binders.
- Appropriately handles confidential employee and labor relations-type assignments, information, and activities.
- Tracks and oversees division projects, performs specialized administrative projects, ensures that department deadline and commitments are met.
- Communicates with consumers, internal and external authorized representatives, and attorneys.
- Provides back-up support for other administrative support staff
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
3. Four years administrative experience.
KNOWLEDGE and/or SKILLS
1. Intermediate experience in Microsoft and related applications
2. Accurate and rapid (60 words per minute) typing for input of data
NLACRC Offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
We offer employees a variety of health and dental plans.
- Health Insurance - NLACRC pays the full cost of coverage for certain Medical plans for employee only. We also provide a generous contribution to additional plans that the employee may select for employee only or employee and dependents costs.
- Dental Insurance – NLACRC pays the full cost of the Dental DMO Plan for employees and eligible dependents. We also offer a Dental PPO plan with a low employee monthly contribution for employees and eligible dependents
- Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account for eligible health care expenses
- Pre-Tax Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for eligible dependent care expenses
- No cost Life, Accidental Death & Disability, Long Term Disability Insurance for employees
- No cost Vision plan for employees and eligible dependents
- Retirement plan - NLACRC is a member of CalPERS which is a defined benefit plan that provides a monthly retirement allowance for eligible employees
- NLACRC offers two (2) deferred compensation plans - 457 and 403(b)
- Participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off – Eligible for 3 weeks of accrued vacation in the first year, 8 hours per month sick time, education, wellness and sabbatical time
- Holidays – NLACRC offers 13 paid holidays throughout the year
- Most positions are offered a hybrid – remote option
Professional Development Opportunities & Growth
NLACRC values the professional development of staff! Consumer Services Managers have the opportunity to work with the senior-leadership team and acquire new leadership skills.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At NLACRC, we value and celebrate diversity! In September 2021, NLACRC launched an initiative to enhance and strengthen our commitment to diversity and belonging.
COVID-19 Job Requirements
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
This position is non-exempt. Please note that this position is subject to a temporary "add on" enhancement of 9.85% for qualified compensation. For more information, please contact Human Resources.
NLACRC is an equal opportunity employer. Further, NLACRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
North County Regional
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at North County Regional