RN (Grand Canyon, AZ)
North Country Healthcare Grand Canyon, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Come work in the stunning Grand Canyon National Park. Hike evenings and weekends. Make a difference to people from around the world.
Under the supervision and direction of the Clinic Manager, provides outpatient nursing care and patient education/assistance by assessing patient medical needs, administering treatments, recording medical condition for physician's review, and a variety of other health care duties.
What does an RN do in our Grand Canyon Clinic?
- Performs triage for walk-in patients.
- Assures best possible patient flow through the clinic.
- Observes and records patient's symptoms, assesses medical need for attention, and determines necessary lab data to obtain prior to being seen by provider.
- Gathers vital signs and documents them in patient's file.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens.
- Administers medication and treatments to patients, including injections and immunizations and instructs them on proper follow-up procedures.
- Assists patients via the telephone to follow up on their recovery, provides assistance with the care of an illness or wound, and schedules/reschedules appointments.
- Instructs patients and their families in health and wellness education, disease prevention, and treatment, nutrition, child care, and home care for the sick, etc...
- Provides training and guidance to the clinical, non-provider staff who are providing direct patient care under the supervision of the provider staff, in accordance with clinic policies and procedures.
- Maintains inventory of medical equipment, supplies, and appropriate pharmaceuticals to ensure adequate treatment of patients.
- Assures the documentation of immunizations.
- Supervises in-house laboratory testing.
- Insures that the medical clinic meets standards for state certifications and will pass state inspections. This includes proper management of all medications, maintenance of equipment, and handling, storage, and elimination of hazardous waste and toxic chemicals.
- Assures that Quality Assurance standards are met in the clinic.
- Associates or bachelors degree in nursing and three or more years of clinical nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid State of Arizona R.N. license in good standing.
North Country is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer
North Country Healthcare
AddressGrand Canyon, AZ
HealthcareView all jobs at North Country Healthcare