Primary Care Physician (Flagstaff)
North Country Healthcare Flagstaff, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
This is why you went to medical school.
You became a physician so you could bring quality care to anyone who needs it. At North Country HealthCare, we practice this kind of medicine daily.
North Country HealthCare is transforming healthcare for rural Arizonans. We are an out-patient, primary care, federally qualified health center with a teaching and learning mission. We started as a volunteer-run free clinic in 1991 and now serve 12 communities across the entire northern half of Arizona. We turn no one away. We practice integrated care in an innovative. Simply put, at North Country HealthCare, you can practice medicine the way it should be practiced. We are currently seeking a primary care physician (MD or DO), for our Flagstaff, Ariz. clinic which is 80 miles from Grand Canyon National Park.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions in patients of all ages. Administering vaccinations and performing follow-up exams.
- Preventive care including educating patients in disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Making referrals and coordinating patient care with staff and other providers.
- Preparing of medical records, clinical reports, and correspondences.
- Supervising medical professionals (nurses, physician assistants, and medical assistants).
- Demonstrating continuous learning and eagerness for professional development.
- NCHC is proud to be a teaching health center and physicians can expect to be involved with the teaching of student and residents.
WHAT YOU WON'T BE DOING
- Feeling isolated: an integrated care model reduces physician burn-out because it offers wrap-around services and programs beyond the exam room to care for your patients.
- Missing out on life: as an out-patient facility, we are not open on major holidays. After-hours call is only two weeks per year.
- Paying for malpractice insurance or tail coverage: physicians are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Wondering if your job is meaningful: you will see the positive impact on patients and the community regularly.
- Have earned an MD or DO degree and completed a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine residency.
- Must be board eligible or board certified.
- Experience in a rural health, an FQHC, or PCMH facility preferred.
Have questions about this job or North Country HealthCare in general? We are happy to help you explore your career options with us! Call or email Linda Maria Alvarado at (928) 522-9516 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
North Country HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
North Country HealthCare follows CDC guidelines and federal mandates and requires vaccination against COVID-19 of all its employees. Medical and religious exemptions to this policy are requested and reviewed on an individual basis.
North Country Healthcare
HealthcareView all jobs at North Country Healthcare