Nurse Practitioner (Urgent Care) (Williams/Grand Canyon)
North Country Healthcare Williams, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Family Nurse Practitioner opening in Williams and Grand Canyon Urgent Care Clinics
North Country HealthCare (NCHC) is transforming healthcare for rural Arizonans. NCHC is a primary care, federally qualified health center with a teaching and learning mission. We practice an integrative care model in an innovative culture. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced by fostering strong provider-patient, provider-provider, and provider-staff relationships, and delivering appropriate care to anyone who needs it. This full-time FNP will have the chance to work with people in great need of urgent care in some of the most visually stunning areas of the world - Williams and the Grand Canyon.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Diagnosing and treating acute conditions in patients of all ages.
- Prescribing diagnostic and screening tests.
- Acting as urgent care provider and coordinating additional services.
- Prescribing and dispensing medications as authorized under privileges set forth by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Participating in communicable disease surveillance and control within the community and applying appropriate epidemiological methods to achieve the desired outcome including contact investigation.
- Participating in a system that identifies and monitors disease/disability rates or health indices in the community.
- NCHC is proud to be a teaching health center and providers can expect to be involved with the teaching of students and residents.
- Demonstrating continuous learning and eagerness for professional development.
WHAT YOU WON'T BE DOING
- Feeling isolated -- an integrated care model reduces physician burn-out because it offers wrap-around services and programs beyond the exam room to care for your patients.
- Paying for malpractice insurance or tail coverage -- as an FQHC, physicians are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Wondering if your job is meaningful -- you will see the positive impact on patients and the community regularly.
- Two full years of experience working as a family nurse practitioner in an urgent care setting including experience with vulnerable and/or medically under-served populations.
Have questions about this job or North Country HealthCare in general? We are happy to help you explore your career options! Call or email a member of the Team Talent:
Cathleen Garrison firstname.lastname@example.org (928) 522-9514
North Country HealthCare is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a vision to create healthier communities by serving as the primary care provider of choice and ensuring no person is without access to care. As a FQHC, we can offer our providers the opportunity to apply for federal and state loan repayment programs. Also, provider malpractice insurance is covered.
North Country provides preventative and wellness programs such as Well Woman Health Check, Maternal Child Health, Prenatal, Health Start, HIV/AIDS, Northern Arizona Center Against Sexual Assault, Radiation Exposure Screening & Education, and a Diabetes Program. We also offer Integrated Behavioral Health Services where patients experiencing stress or life transitions can access counseling. Clinical pharmacy services and telemedicine offered system-wide.
North Country is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer.
North Country HealthCare follows CDC guidelines and federal mandates and requires vaccination against COVID-19 of all its employees. Medical and religious exemptions to this policy are requested and reviewed on an individual basis.
North Country Healthcare
HealthcareView all jobs at North Country Healthcare