North Country HealthCare (NCHC) is transforming healthcare for rural Arizonans. NCHC is a primary care, federally qualified health center with a teaching and learning mission. We practice an integrative care model in an innovative culture. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced byfostering strongprovider-patient, provider-provider, and provider-staffrelationships, and delivering appropriate care to anyone who needs it.This full-time FNP will have the chance to work with people in great need of primary care and, in doing so, significantly support them in bettering their overall lives.
"Working in Bullhead City for North Country provides a great opportunity to take care of patients while working in a city that always has good weather and is close to the Colorado River. The Well Woman program provides women with compassionate, quality care which means families have supported moms, sisters, daughters, and friends."
--current FNP Keela H.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions in patients of all ages.
- Prescribing diagnostic and screening tests.
- Acting as primary care provider and coordinating additional services.
- Prescribing and dispensing medications as authorized under privileges set forth by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Participating in communicable disease surveillance and control within the community and applying appropriate epidemiological methods to achieve the desired outcome including contact investigation.
- Participating in a system that identifies and monitors disease/disability rates or health indices in the community.
- NCHC is proud to be a teaching health center and providers can expect to be involved with the teaching of students and residents.
- Demonstrating continuous learning and eagerness for professional development.
WHAT YOU WON'T BE DOING
- Feeling isolated -- an integrated care model reduces physician burn-out because it offers wrap-around services and programs beyond the exam room to care for your patients.
- Missing out on life -- as an out-patient facility, we are not open evenings, weekends, or major holidays. After-hours call is only two weeks per year.
- Paying for malpractice insurance or tail coverage -- as an FQHC, physicians are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Wondering if your job is meaningful -- you will see the positive impact on patients and the community regularly.
- Two full years of experience working as a family nurse practitioner in a primary care setting including experience with vulnerable and/or medically under-served populations.
Have questions about this job or North Country HealthCare in general? We are happy to help you explore your career options! Call or email a member of the Talent Integration Team:
- Linda Maria Alvarado, lalvarado@nchcaz..org,(928) 522-9516
ABOUT BULLHEAD CITY
Bullhead City, Arizona is 100 miles south of Las Vegas, Nevada.It is located on the east side of the Colorado River, which forms the border between Arizona and Nevada. It has a desert climate and warm temperatures year-round. The clinic offers mental health services in addition to primary care and has an on-site lab.
North Country Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
North Country Healthcare