Family and Community Medicine Residency Director
North Country Healthcare Flagstaff, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BUILD A LASTING LEGACY FOR FAMILY MEDICINE
North Country HealthCare started its first cohort of Family Medicine residents in 2020. It was a goal 10 years in the making, but we are not stopping there!
Join an innovative residency program and take it to the next level. The position is based in Flagstaff, but with clinics in 12 rural Arizona communities and rotations on surrounding Native American reservations, our residency program gives new doctors experience in primary care from many perspectives. They will graduate prepared to contribute solutions to the challenges of rural and underserved populations based on skills they learned in our residency program. Currently we accept four residents per year, but we will be expanding going forward.
YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE BY
- Directing and further developing the Family & Community Medicine Residency Program. This includes administrative, clinical, and teaching components in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Advancing program goals, such as: development of osteopathic, rural, and OB tracks and achieving osteopathic recognition.
- Developing and implementing curricula, policies, clinical rotation standards and sites, and community partnerships. This includes continuous quality improvement in all aspects of medical education and formally assessing the program annually.
- Mentoring, supervising, and formally evaluating resident performance and competency. You will establish an environment of scholarly activity including publication of original research, professional presentations, and involvement in scientific organizations. You will implement appropriate intervention if standards are not being met by residents and follow and refine academic discipline and grievance procedures.
- Recruiting, supervising, and evaluating faculty and staff.
- Managing the program budget.
- Maintaining an active clinical practice.
- Serving as a member of the North Country Healthcare Management Team.
- Hold and MD or DO degree and current board certification by the American Academy of Family Medicine.
- Hold a current medical license in the state of Arizona (or be able to obtain one upon hire)
- Eligible for successful appointment to Flagstaff Medical Center
- Two or more years of experience as an administrator, clinician, and educator in an ACGME residency program
- Preference given to candidates with knowledge of ACGME Review Committee policies and procedures and with familiarity with 1+2 Rural Training Tracks.
ABOUT NORTH COUNTRY HEALTHCARE
North Country HealthCare (NCHC) is transforming healthcare for rural Arizonans. NCHC is an outpatient, primary care, federally qualified health center with a teaching and learning mission. We started as a volunteer-run free clinic in 1991 and now serve 12 communities across the entire northern half of Arizona. We turn no one away. We practice integrated care in an innovative culture. Our model allows us to serve patients holistically through strong provider and staff relationships and through on-site labs and our own 340b pharmacy. Simply put, at NCHC, you can practice medicine the way it should be practiced.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Located at the base of the San Francisco Peaks at an elevation of 7,000 feet, Flagstaff offers four distinct seasons and is an outdoor recreational paradise. Outdoor enthusiasts can find a wide variety of recreational activities to enjoy in a pristine setting. Located 80 miles from Grand Canyon National Park and within 30 miles of three other National Monuments, Flagstaff's manageable size (approx. 70,000 residents) and proximity to both urban and rural areas make it an ideal place to live.
Have questions about this job or about North Country HealthCare in general? We are happy to help you explore your career options with us! Contact Linda Maria Alvarado at email@example.com or (928) 522-9516.
North Country Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.