Program/Project Coordinator (Diabetes) (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Posted: over a month ago
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Description: Full-time, Diabetes Program Coordinator at North Country HealthCare, Inc. (NCHC) in Flagstaff. The Program Coordinator manages the diabetes education program, provides support and education for all NCHC patients with diabetes or at risk for diabetes, and manages the Diabetes grants to maintain funding for the program and retinal eye screening project across the NCHC network. Bilingual speaker (English and Spanish) is required.
- Manage the Diabetes program by providing diabetes self-management education, grant management, and diabetes education support across the North Country network.
- Develop, prepare, plan, and teach culturally appropriate self-management tools to patients with diabetes or at-risk for diabetes.
- Coordinate and facilitate the diabetes educational classes in English and Spanish, the Intensive Diabetes class and weekly support groups in collaboration with the Pharmacy team.
- Manage the retinal eye screening program across all North Country HealthCare clinics by conducting eye exams, document all in-house eye exams, submit images to the eye specialists, deliver results to providers and patients, and process the related invoices.
- Manage the diabetes grants by meeting the goals and objectives of each grant, oversee the budgets, document the grant deliverables, complete the reports and evaluations, and apply for new diabetes grants.
- Collaborate with Medical Providers, Behaviorists and Pharmacists to ensure a patient-centered approach to patient care related to diabetes and pre-diabetes.
- Coordinate the Prevent T2 program, a pre-diabetes program, including facilitate two to three cohorts per grant year, coordinate meetings among coaches, attend monthly meetings, and complete monthly and quarterly reports.
- Properly document all patient encounters in the patient's chart within the electronic health record
- Manage the data entry duties and monitor documentation of service delivery and other documentation related duties.
- Promote the diabetes education program across the North Country network and in the local communities.
- Establish working relationship with clinical teams to build the diabetes education program.
- Be a part of a team and work together in accomplishing North Country's strategic goals and uphold North Country HealthCare's mission.
- All other duties as required and assigned.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, public health or other human services field and two plus years of health education experience in outpatient clinic or community clinic.
- Current valid Arizona driver's license.
- Ability to travel.
- Computer proficient.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Starting at $43,350.00/YR or more depending on experience.
- Medical insurance starts Day One for less than $5 per paycheck!
- 22 days of combined sick and vacation leave, plus 6 federal holidays, in first year
North Country is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer. North Country HealthCare follows CDC guidelines and federal mandates and requires vaccination against COVID-19 of all its employees. Medical and religious exemptions to this policy are requested and reviewed on an individual basis.
North Country HealthCare AZ
TechnologyView all jobs at North Country HealthCare AZ