Primary Care Physician - Family or Internal Medicine
- Posted: November 12, 2022
Make your practice a Best Practice
North Country HealthCare is a primary care FQHC that does the right things for the right reasons. We are a caring network of 120 providers plus a full support staff that serves 12 communities across rural northern Arizona through our out-patient clinics. Click here for a virtual tour of our Payson facility.
If your definition of a Best Practice includes the following, let's talk!
- Unwavering commitment to giving top-quality care to anyone who needs it
- Monday - Friday schedule
- After-hours call is telephone-only and an average of 2 weeks per year
- 35 hrs of scheduled patient care per week, approx. 16 - 20 pts per day
- Alternative work schedules (i.e., four 10-hr days) may be considered if clinic coverage is maintained
- Hybrid appointment types (see patients in-person or via telehealth)
- Ability to ensure beyond-the-exam-room care for your patients by working with North Country clinical pharmacists, behavioral health consultants, care and case managers, taking advantage of on-site labs and pharmacies, and using wrap-around programs addressing HIV, diabetes, well woman screens, maternal/child health, and substance abuse
- Keeping your skills sharp by treating patients with complex medical and socio-economic conditions
- Taking advantage of one of three types of educational loan repayment opportunities
- Having malpractice and tail coverage provided through the Federal Tort Claims Act at no cost to you
- Opportunity to grow your career with training for infectious disease management, addiction medicine, and population health
- Sharing your passion for medicine and community wellness - North Country HealthCare is proud to be a teaching health center and hosts many students on their rotations
- Generous time off - we absolutely want you to enjoy the beauty and diversity of Northern Arizona! Paid time off accrues at 5 weeks (200 hours) by the end of your first year and increases with years of service. You also receive an additional five sick days and five CME days.
To become a part of our dedicated clinic team, you need to
- Have earned an MD or DO degree and completed a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine residency
- Be board eligible or board certified
- Have a preference for or experience in an FQHC, CHC, or PCMH facility
Payson is a town of 16,000 people located about 90 miles northeast of Phoenix, Arizona. It is in the shadow of the Mogollon Rim, which geographically divides the southern and northern halves of the state. The imposing Rim is 200 miles long and rises 3 - 4,000 ft above the surrounding land to a total height of 8,000 ft. This creates diverse habitats of cool pine forests and high elevation lakes, along with canyons and warmer desert climates juxtaposed in beautiful, sweeping landscapes with views that stretch fifty miles or more. Payson itself has a Mediterranean-type climate, warmer than areas to its north, but considerably cooler than Phoenix or Tucson. The first rodeo was held in Payson in 1884, and it is generally accepted that the town is home to the world's oldest and continuous rodeo. With a history founded in logging and ranching, working and playing in the outdoors is still a large part of Payson's character.
For more information, contact Linda Maria Alvarado at (928) 522-9516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Country Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. North Country HealthCare follows CDC guidelines and federal mandates and requires vaccination against COVID-19 of all its employees. Medical and religious exemptions to this policy are requested and reviewed on an individual basis.
North Country HealthCare AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?