North Coast Medical Supply Carlsbad, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
$17.00 an hour
Scope of Role
Advanced Diabetes Supply, a division of North Coast Medical Supply (NCMS), specializes in making it easier for patients living with Diabetes by providing their diabetes testing supplies nationwide. Our highly trained staff and proprietary technology ensure Customer satisfaction with every shipment. Reporting to Pharmacist in Charge (PIC), NCMS Pharmacy Technician is responsible to assist the Pharmacist in operating the pharmacy for NCMS, performs technical tasks involved in the preparation, documentation and distribution of shipments. The Pharmacy Technician will work within the scope of responsibilities as dictated below with guidance and support from Pharmacist’ staff.
Primary Responsibilities, Expected Professional Competencies
- Pharmacy Technician may only work within the scope of their license per the law.
- Thoroughly reviews prescriptions for authenticity and completeness. Consults pharmacist if there is any doubt.
- Creates and prints labels for Pharmacy products due to ship.
- Fills prescription for pharmacist review under the direct supervision of the pharmacist. Obtains pharmacist check 100% of the time prior to packaging prescription items for shipping.
- Completes all computer data fields, when entering prescriptions into patient profiles. Notifies pharmacist of any duplicate product entries.
- Aids the pharmacist in clarifying prescriptions for completeness and clarity.
- Is courteous, professional and detail-orientated while communicating with patients, caregivers and prescribers’ offices.
- Records all communication with patients, caregivers or prescribers’ offices into the patient profiles.
- Does not consult patients about their prescription products.
- Regularly communicates with Shipping Manager to maintain adequate stock in Pharmacy.
- Reviews, signs and dates invoices/packing slips for deliveries to the pharmacy, and obtains pharmacist co-signature 100% of the time.
- Restocks shelves. Cycles inventory by placing older expiration dates in the back or using First In First Out, under supervision of pharmacist
- Avoid obstruction of a patient obtaining a prescription item that has been legally prescribed for the patient. If the pharmacist determines that the item may cause harm to the patient, then the prescriber will be contacted for alternative therapy or verify the current therapy will be safe for the patient. If an item is out-of-stock, then the Undue Delay policy and procedure will be followed.
- Completes and maintains all regulatory requirements, including licensing and certification, and other mandatory training within established time frames.
- Avoid obstruction of a patient obtaining a prescription drug and device that has been legally prescribed or ordered for the patient. If the pharmacist determines that the device or drug may cause harm to the patient, then the prescriber will be contacted for alternative therapy or to ensure the current therapy will be safe. If an item is out-of-stock, then the Undue Delay policy and procedure will be followed.
- Aid in monthly inventory counts in pharmacy.
- Always wear identification clearly showing they are a pharmacy technician.
- Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs. and ability to work standing and/or walking for about 6 hours per day
- Adapts quickly to frequent process changes and improvements
- Attends all department, team, and weekly company meetings as required
- Perform any additional responsibilities or special projects as required
- Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change based upon the needs of the department
Required Education, Training and/or Professional Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Excellent customer service skills, including phone and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- Typing accuracy of 35 wpm minimum
- Clear diction and knowledge of the English language, both written and verbal
- Work history of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Solid reading, writing, and mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred; knowledge of diabetes a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to process updates quickly
- Some experience with medical insurance and/or DME a plus
- High comfort level working with culturally diverse team members and clients
- Bilingual in Spanish (read, write, and speak) preferred
Licensure / Certification Requirement
- Candidate must successfully pass a background check and drug screening test.
- Valid and unrestricted California state Pharmacy Technician License
- License must be active and clear; subject to verification at any time
This position is non-exempt. ADS/North Coast Medical Supply is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.