- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
North Central Utility (NCU) is one of the largest semi-trailer dealers in the world helping support the transportation industry and the critical movement of goods. A large portion of our business helps support refrigerated carriers that transport temperature-sensitive food and materials throughout North America.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Welder fabricator to work in semi-trailer service shop with duties to include pintle hook and lift gate installations, semi-trailer front, and rear sub-frame rebuilds, and general parts fabrication. Looking for a creative individual with a general understanding of structural design to work independently on a variety of installation and repair jobs. Work requires cutting and flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead welding of both mild and stainless steel materials, occasionally in tight spaces. General knowledge of 12 volt electrical systems and hydraulics is a plus. Willing to train the right individual.
Perform diagnostics, repairs, and modifications of the following for all makes and models of semi-trailers:
- Air suspensions
- ABS brake systems
- Drum & disc brake systems
- Wheel ends
- Bodywork (side panel, roof, rail & x-bars)
- Air & electrical systems
- DOT Inspections
- Diagnose and provide recommendations on repairs
- Accurately record description and hours of all work performed
- Learn and follow NCU best practices for correct & efficient repairs
- Learn and follow NCU safety best practices
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Owns a basic toolset
- Experience working on semi-tractors and/or trailers
- Can demonstrate knowledge of basic welding and metal cutting procedures
- Certified to perform DOT inspections (or able to pass certification test)
- Some experience with air, electrical, and ABS systems on trailers
- Positive attitude and team player
- Helpful and considerate to co-workers and customers
- Maintains a clean, safe, and clutter-free workspace at all times
- The desire for long-term opportunity to learn and succeed
- Ready to work at the start of the shift
- Wears appropriate attire
- Able to follow work instructions and directions from supervisor
- Forklift certified (or able to become certified)
- Able to move trailers in and out of the shop with a yard truck
- Assist other service team members as needed
- Attend training seminars as requested
1st Shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
North Central Utility of Wisconsin LLC
AddressDe Forest, WI
Get fresh Utilities Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.