North Central Texas College is accepting applications for an Instructor – Radiology Technology: Gainesville, Texas; Full-Time; Posting 9001141
The purpose of this position is teaching, supervising, and evaluating NCTC Radiologic Technology students in classroom and laboratory setting. This is a fulltime, exempt 35 hour per week position. This position serves as the resident instructional expert in the Radiological Technology industry.
• Teaching, supervising, and evaluating NCTC Radiologic Technology students in classroom and laboratory setting.
• Treats students and colleagues with respect.
Active involvement in issues of institutional effectiveness including student learning outcomes, program level outcomes, and marketable skill achievement. Contributes to ongoing program assessment
• Recruits and evaluates prospective students’ qualifications and part of a team to determine admissions.
Focuses on teaching and outreach efforts on student success.
• Assures effective program operations
• Contributes to budget planning
• Maintains current knowledge of the professional discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development
R.T. ( R ), ARRT and current MRT Texas License
Current R.T.® with at least 3 years of relevant clinical experience required.
At least 2 years two years of experience as an instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to facilitate student learning through a variety of methods including lecture, discussions, practical and laboratory exercises, or practice-related experiences.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Above average computer skills.
• Exhibition of respect and professionalism in a spirit of collegiality.
• Microsoft Office proficient.
• Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences.
• Ability to teach students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
Knowledge/skills with accreditation application and process
Subject to criminal background check. Must maintain a weekly minimum of 35 hours. Employee may be required to travel between campuses and attend local and out-of-town meetings as necessary. Some teaching may be required on other NCTC campuses and/or other off-site locations. Resume, Cover Letter and Unofficial Transcripts required in addition to application. Salary: Faculty Hiring Schedule based on education and experience. August 19 anticipated start date.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH NCTC’s WEBSITE
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.