About the Role
Our growing financial institution is looking for a team player to be an integral part of our daily branch experience for our customers. A friendly smile and positive attitude are essential for success in this position. Details matter, as does having a desire for lifelong learning and career development. As a community bank serving North Central Washington, five values guide every action we take: access for all, financial responsibility, collaboration, transparency and leadership.
The successful candidate must be able to process routine banking transactions in a manner that is efficient, accurate, friendly and professional. As an integral part of our team, this employee will help lead the rest of the team to ensure that shared duties are completed along with independent duties following the guidelines set forth in procedures. Utilizing knowledge and experience in customer service, this employee will exercise discretion and independent judgment in answering customer questions, resolving problems, and suggesting products and services appropriate to the needs of the customer. Banking experience is preferred but we are happy to train an applicant with the right attitude and personality. If you are an energetic, highly-detailed individual who is committed to providing exceptional customer service and are looking for a company with the same qualities, please apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processesretail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form.
- Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems.
- Assists with night depository duties; logs; bags; processes deposits; makes change orders; issues receipts and returns bags to customers.
- Cross-sells the Banks other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Issues cashiers checks, travelers checks and savings bond applications.
- Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers.
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Accepts loan payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
- Provides effective customer service and assist in resolving problems within given authority.
- Maintain records and logs; prepare wire transfers, and sort mail or reports as required.
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, monthly audit reports, monthly audit certifications, etc.)
- Processes travelers checks, ATM deposits, change orders and deposit slip corrections.
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
- Assist with branch capture function.
- Copy/scan/fax documents to files and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Prior customer service is preferred.
- Banking experience is a PLUS!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic knowledge of general office practices.
- Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties. Fluent in Spanish as well as English is a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include:The employee is constantly required to stand and walk. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $11 billion, operating in 15 bank divisions across 7 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR