Full- Time Support Staff
North Broadway Children's Center Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The supporting teacher is responsible for assisting in the care and education of a group of children as a part of a teaching team under the guidance of a Lead and Assistant Teacher. The supporting teacher assumes the care giving role of a teacher who is absent.
The Supporting Teacher works under the guidance of the Lead and Assistant Teacher and reports to the Director.
· High School diploma, and some inservice training and/or experience with early childhood education are the minimum qualifications.
1. Supports a play-based, emergent, developmentally appropriate program that nurtures children in body, mind and spirit.
2. Assists in implementing experiences/activities that promote development in all areas of child development (language and literacy development, cognitive development, social/emotional development, physical development, and approaches towards learning development).
3. Shares observations of children with the teaching team.
1. Supports routines with smooth transition periods.
2. Uses and promotes positive guidance techniques.
3. Reinforces positive behavior.
4. Anticipates problems and redirects behavior.
5. Engages in appropriate practices to ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
6. Assists in keeping classroom and storage areas in order.
7. Maintains a clean and orderly learning environment.
8. Maintains additional areas in a neat and orderly manner- hallway, coat hooks, store rooms, etc.
9. Establishes a relaxed atmosphere in the classroom so that children and adults may have pleasant learning experiences.
10. Follows Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines and policies to provide healthy meal experiences for the children.
Relationships with Children
1. Maintains unconditional positive regard for each child.
2. Maintains an awareness of and attends to each child’s needs.
3. Consistently interacts developmentally appropriately with each child.
4. Uses an appropriate/positive tone of voice when interacting with children.
5. Communicates with children at their developmental level.
6. Encourages children to be independent and use self-help skills as appropriate.
7. Assists in implementing hands-on activities that develop social skills and a positive self- image.
8. Maintains confidential information regarding children.
Relationships with Families
1. Is available, approachable and respectful with families.
2. Responds and listens well to families.
3. Promotes communication with parents through daily informal communication.
4. Maintains confidential information regarding families.
Relationships with Staff
1. Discusses ideas, feelings and needs positively and appropriately with staff.
2. Supports and works well with staff.
3. Interacts with staff positively and respectfully.
4. Assumes fair share of classroom work load.
5. Maintains confidential information regarding staff.
6. Responds thoughtfully and appropriately to observations and recommendations made by supervisors.
1. Attends family events.
2. Helps maintain center environment.
1. Promotes the center’s philosophy and program objectives.
2. Behaves in an ethical manner.
3. Submits all necessary records and paperwork to administrative staff in a timely manner.
4. Consistently arrives to work on time and ready to participate.
5. Shows initiative in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
6. Attends center staff meetings as requested.
7. Engages in on-going professional development to improve personal and professional skills.
8. Actively participates in all performance reviews.
9. Understands and complies with all rules, policies and criteria for NBCC, ODJFS, SUTQ and NAEYC.
10. Attends workshops and inservice training provided by the center and/or required by NBCC,
ODJFS, SUTQ and CACFP.
Performs other duties as requested by Director.
North Broadway Children's Center
48 E. North Broadway ColumbusColumbus, OH
EducationView all jobs at North Broadway Children's Center