POSITION DESCRIPTION- OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
Office duties and responsibilities include organizing and coordinating administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety, filing, providing teacher support, answering phone calls, supporting director with task, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees.
The Office Receptionist reports to the Director
· Experience as an office manager, front office manager or administrative assistant.
· Knowledge of administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Hands on experience with office machines (fax, copiers, computers, etc.)
· Familiarity with scheduling tools, such as Outlook and Google Calendar.
· Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
· A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
· Knowledge and experience with children.
· Knowledge of ODJFS licensing rules.
· High school diploma with an Associates or Technical Degree.
· Must be able to pass background check.
· Maintain office schedules and coverage
· Organize office operations and procedures.
· Schedule all safety drills and inspections to remain licensing complaint. This includes, but is not limited to, Fire, Tornado, Lockdown and Bus Evacuation drills as well as scheduling all bus maintenance.
· Complete bus inspection checklists and turn into the Director.
· Manage office budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
· Work with NBCC’s administration to meet goals, create a welcoming and team oriented atmosphere and build an open and honest culture in line with company values.
· Assist in orientation of new hires
· Assist staff and teachers with classroom needs when they contact the office, including stepping into classrooms when necessary.
Center Community Support:
· Organizing the office layout and ordering office supplies and equipment.
· Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs
· Coordinate with IT Department on all equipment
· Provide general support to all visitors.
· Provide excellent service through phone etiquette when answering phones.
· Ensure a clean and welcoming environment is maintained.
· Attend 10 hours of SUTQ training per year.
· Maintain confidential information.
· Show initiative in implementation of job duties and responsibilities.
· Respond thoughtfully and appropriately to the observations and recommendations by Director and center staff.
North Broadway Children's Center