Parts Manager - WPF
- Posted: 1 day ago
West Point Ford is looking for a Dedicated Parts Manager
~~The Parts Manager is responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department. S/he will accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising. The Parts Manager must be an investment adviser and profit producer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
• Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
• Attend Managers' meetings.
• Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence. (Dealer: You may want to indicate here that obsolescence must be 5% percent or less of total inventory).
• Manage, train, and supervise all personnel who report directly to you.
• Assign responsibilities as required to best utilize all personnel and assets.
• Hire, fire, and discipline all employees who report directly to you. This entails setting standards and measuring performance against those standards on a consistent basis. Write job well done and warning letters.
• Ensure hiring is done in compliance with company policies in your departments. This includes reference checks and interview notes.
• As a minimum, all employees that report directly to you are reviewed at 90 days after starting their employment and at their anniversary date. You will write reviews for everyone who reports directly to you.
• Assists with problem solving in your departments.
• Work with purchasing on inventory control, lost sales, inventory turns, and total investment.
• Work with purchasing handling dead inventory and warranty items daily.
• Handle customer complaints promptly.
• Visit with vendor sales representatives.
• Enforce safety rules, review accident/job-related reports.
• Oversee upkeep of building, vehicles and equipment.
• Read books and other literature that will benefit you and the company.
• The outside sales force reports directly to you. You will travel with them periodically to train and to monitor customer feedback.
• Train new salespeople.
• Schedule training by our vendors.
• Make sure territories are serviced in the absence of salespeople.
• Assist with customer problems.
• Develop sales strategies.
• Review sales results.
• Review and distribute house account sales leads.
• Assist with pricing and approve martyring of all parts sold.
• Coordinate efforts with salesman and purchasing to get desired inventory and special quotes.
• Suggest ways to increase sales and gross profit.
• Ensure the desired level of service is maintained.
• Review back orders and credit returns.
• Monitor open orders, filling of parts orders, and receiving of incoming orders.
• Assist with purchasing on the annual physical inventory.
• Review monthly P & L statement for your department to determine if we are increasing our sales and gross profit margins profitability.
• Follow-up on all parts warranties.
• All parts returns must be completed in a timely matter.
• All parts that require a rebate return must be completed monthly.
• Year-end parts audits must be performed.
Full Benefits Package:
A Successful completion of Pre Employment Background and MVR screening is required prior to employment offer. Interested candidates should contact Cheryl at (605) 575-2141 or email at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org.
North American Truck & Trailer, Inc.
AddressWest Point, NE
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?