Looking For A Regional Maintenance Manager To Drive Fleet Maintenance and Performance. Full Time position with benefits at a growing company.
- Full time position
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Multiple Insurance Options for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Company paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Options for Long Term Disability and additional life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays Off
- Competitive Wages
Apply today! Equal Opportunity Employer
Works closely with the Regional Operations Managers, Director of Maintenance, Contract Managers and other members of the management team in implementing and managing the strategies and objectives of multiple locations within their regions to ensure achievement of company goals and compliance of maintenance standards. Provide direction and guidance to TICs in accordance with company policy.
Major Responsibilities: **
1) Ensures compliance with Federal & State DOT regulations, maintenance standards and company policies and procedures. Monitors and drives safety within the Maintenance organization.
2) Strategically manages and drives financial budgets of shops; explains budget variances and develops action plans to meet targets.
3) Monitors maintenance system compliance to ensure all labor, repairs, and parts are documented within the system. Conducts parts cycle counting and fleet audits as needed. Works with the shops to ensure warranty claims are documented and processed. Monitors core returns to minimize potential charges.
4) Makes proactive recommendations to change standards, procedures, & policies which enhance shop performance and efficiencies. Turns in weekly reports and attends weekly meetings with the Director of Maintenance.
5) Develops and maintains good working relationships with both internal and external customers & management to ensure customer satisfaction.
6) Investigates and approves repairs orders. Works with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) on repair solutions and possible campaign information.
7) Monitors & ensures performance of shops through strategic planning, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other processes to meet the company’s standards of excellence. Collects, records, & analyzes various data and information.
8) Develops & fosters lines of communication between shops, operations, and corporate office to keep all informed of potential issues.
9) Assists in the recruiting, selection, assessment, & development of technicians.
10) Develops subordinates through counseling, training, and empowerment of responsibilities. Trains TICs on company standards, practices, procedures, and ensures new technicians are being properly and adequately trained.
11) Performs all other duties as assigned.
North America Central School Bus is the fourth largest school bus operator in the U.S.
Our vehicles travel over 40,000,000 miles each year taking students to and from school.
North America Central School Bus transports over 150,000 children to and from school each day.
We provide a full-service out-sourced transportation solution to over 120 communities in eight states.
North America Central School Bus operates in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Massachusetts, and Idaho.
North America Central School Bus operates 3,000 buses and vans.
If you included field trips and summer school along with taking students to and from school every day, North America Central School Bus is responsible for 132,000,000 student rides annually.
North America Central School Bus charters its buses to the public for community events, corporate employee shuttles or any group event as the “Smarter Charter” transportation alternative.
We use GPS technology to know where our buses are at all times.
Our fleet includes buses with capacities ranging from small vans to buses carrying up to 78 elementary age students and that many have wheelchair lifts and are air-conditioned.