Provide fleet related expertise, resources and support for both existing and newly acquired maintenance locations. Provides technical training and assists with identifying areas of opportunity for technical improvement. Assists locations with compliance related to policies, procedures and best practices at Company fleet maintenance facilities. Serves as the Subject Matter Expert to local and regional staff.
1) Facilitator and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various teams to correct local fleet and maintenance compliance and issues. May temporarily serve in the capacity of a local or regional fleet manager, supervisor or lead.
2) Conducts audits of existing operations to ensure conformance to established fleet and maintenance policies, procedures and best practices. Recommends appropriate actions to rectify identified gaps, opportunities, weaknesses, deficiencies and anomalies.
3) Conducts fleet and maintenance operational due diligence of prospective new business opportunities.
4) Leads fleet and maintenance activities for new location start-ups including local implementation of the Company’s fleet management systems, processes and procedures.
5) Conducts on site manufacturing or dealer inventory reviews to ensure compliance to Company specifications and quality of vehicle production or selection.
6) Conducts and/or participates in the review of vehicle and component failures and accidents to identify potential root causes and solutions to prevent future occurrences.
7) Develops, coordinates and conducts technical training in fleet maintenance shops
8) Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
Strong knowledge of vehicle systems acquired through a degree in Automotive Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience to visualize and analyze problems, issues and situations from a technical vehicle systems and fleet management perspective.
Minimum high school degree or equivalent.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Knowledge of relevant Federal and State legislation, regulations, standards and requirements (e.g. safety, economics, reliability etc.) for all Company locations to maintain current fleet and maintenance policies and to assess and evaluate adherence.
· Knowledge of the automotive and school bus systems to coordinate and deliver technical training/retraining services to diverse work groups.
· Knowledge of information technology and relevant software programs including TMW Fleet Management, Telematics, Word, and Excel
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to travel extensively throughout North America, including travel with minimal notice, to investigate vehicle failures, conduct root cause analysis, provide fleet support and training
· Oral communication skills to provide training and to communicate effectively with others.
· Interpersonal and customer service skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal maintenance staff to promote adherence to policies and procedures and with external stakeholders to maintain Company credibility as a leader in bus transportation service.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently to take ownership of tasks and deliver results.
· Ability to work well as a member of a team to achieve common and mutually beneficial outcomes.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel to other locations 75% of the time will be required with minimal notice.
North America Central School Bus is the fourth largest school bus operator in the U.S.
Our vehicles travel over 40,000,000 miles each year taking students to and from school.
North America Central School Bus transports over 150,000 children to and from school each day.
We provide a full-service out-sourced transportation solution to over 120 communities in eight states.
North America Central School Bus operates in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Massachusetts, and Idaho.
North America Central School Bus operates 3,000 buses and vans.
If you included field trips and summer school along with taking students to and from school every day, North America Central School Bus is responsible for 132,000,000 student rides annually.
North America Central School Bus charters its buses to the public for community events, corporate employee shuttles or any group event as the “Smarter Charter” transportation alternative.
We use GPS technology to know where our buses are at all times.
Our fleet includes buses with capacities ranging from small vans to buses carrying up to 78 elementary age students and that many have wheelchair lifts and are air-conditioned.