- Manage and develop assigned dealer accounts to increase sales of Nortek Security and Control (NSC) products
- Interview potential dealers and seek new dealers that will positively represent NSC and grow sales in the territory
- Conducts daily outbound calls to targeted accounts; introducing our products
- Explain technical, industry and market facts to present NSC products as a competitive solution
- Responsible for building solid relationships with all personnel within a dealer and updating company records to ensure proper communication to all influential parties
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication and action steps after every call
- Participate in weekly team meetings and events
- Become educated on NSC technology/products and articulate to dealers how these products align to their customer needs
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly/quarterly sales goals
- Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma and/or GED Required; College Degree preferred
- 2- 5 years Sales experience in account sales management (dealers, distributors, retail) in the Custom Installation (CI) and/or consumer electronics industries
- Intermediate to advanced sales reporting utilizing CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com), and MS Office applications required
- Experience with NetSuite or another ERP system preferred
- Exceptional negotiation, motivational, relationship-building, and client service skills
- Energetic, dynamic, enthusiastic personality
- Self-starter, self-motivated individual
- Must be organized and detail oriented; able to multi-task and have strong follow-through
- Flexible and adaptable; adjusts to changing priorities in fast-growth, dynamic environment
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively with both internal & external customers, vendors, coworkers, supervisors, or managers.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to review customer data, update customer data, and operate a personal computer approximately 100% of the time.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to use hands and arms in which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer, telephone and other office equipment estimated up to 100% of the time.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to sit and/or stand at a personal computer workstation up to 100% of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate