We are seeking a Pharmacy Technician to became a part of our team! You will assist in the preparation of medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
Pharmacy Tech will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Contacts the healthcare provider for additional information when services rendered to patient and prescription written for the patient are not clear, or when more details are needed to complete the forms for the episode of care.
- Process prescriptions using computer software
- Retrieves medical records. Researches patient records, reconstructs incorrect or missing medical information required to prepare a valid insurance billing when data received is incomplete.
- Work well in a team environment in the fulfillment of prescription orders: processing, filling, inventory management
- Effectively communicate with doctors offices, pharmacies, and insurers to fulfill prescription orders
- Experience working in a fast paced environment fulfilling prescriptions
- Partner with other pharmacy technicians, front-end staff and pharmacists to create a seamless experience for each customer in a constantly changing pharmacy workflow
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager
- Previous experience in pharmacy or other related fields
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills