Insurance and Financial Services Position - State Farm Agent Team Member (Base salary + commission)
- Posted: over a month ago
If you enjoy talking to people, are driven to achieve, have a passion for being the best in a fast paced work environment and some day aspire to run your own business but dont feel ready to jump right in yet, this opportunity may be for you. The position is designed to give on the job training while working with a full time mentor in the agents office to build and cultivate customer relationships. You will be working to develop leads, solicit, consult and bind coverage to help customers manage their unique insurance and financial needs and while learning the logistics of managing a business and developing your skills and experience.Responsibilities
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
- Adaption of skills necessary to operate a business.
- Salary plus commission/bonus
- Health benefits
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Valuable experience
- Growth potential/Opportunity for advancement in my agency
Compensation: $30,000-$40,000 +Requirements
- Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Enthusiastic about the role insurance and financial products play in helping people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams
- Detail oriented
- Proactive in problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to make presentations to potential customers
- Ability to conduct interviews in the office and in customer's home or business
- Property and Casualty license (must be able to obtain)
- Life and Health license (must be able to obtain)
- Selected candidate is expected to remain current in product changes, licensing, technical developments, and continuing education
- Position may require irregular working hours
- Strategies to coach and develop others on the team
- Learning to market property/casualty, life, health, bank and mutual fund products
- Setting sales and growth goals
- Working closely with the agent to gain an understanding of the agents role and office logistics
- Learning how to network effectively
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, pleasecomplete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps inthe interview process.
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents employees are not employees of State Farm Insurance Companies. This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm InsuranceCompanies. State Farm agents control which licensing requirements and training programs are offered or must be successfully completed by their employees. By accepting employment with a State Farm agent and/or successfully completing any licensing or training programs required by a State Farm agent, you are not guaranteed, promised or given any form of selection preference, should you choose to leave the agents employment and pursue the opportunity of becoming an independent contractor agent for State Farm Insurance Companies.If you choose to pursue an agency opportunity, you will need to apply and go through the regular State FarmInsurance Companies agentselection process
Norman Thomas - State Farm Agent
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?