- Posted: January 09, 2023
- $2,000 Monthly
As our Information Technology Director, you're one of the most important team members at Norm Reeves. Our centralized Information Technology Department in Cerritos, CA provides exceptional services to a rapidly growing collection of high-performing, privately held retail automotive dealerships throughout Southern California, Florida, and Texas. The IT Department serves 1,500 employees across 16 physical dealership operations as well as two auxiliary management offices.
We are seeking an energetic and world class communicator who will, in concert with the Chief Information Officer (CIO), work to implement the strategic technology goals of the organization. The IT Director will have oversight of a growing team of technology personnel responsible for the day-to-day operation and security of the company's network, computing devices and telecommunications operations as well as the deployment and implementation of emerging technologies and security enhancements. The ideal candidate will have an extensive technical background with a broad and in depth understanding of computer technologies and network environments and the ability to manage individuals and groups with expert guidance and support in their application. A successful candidate will be a strong motivator able to identify and help develop the skill sets of individual team members with compassion and enthusiasm. The candidate should also be well versed in industry best practices and ITIL standards.
The IT Director will:
- Engage in strategic planning with the CIO, department technology managers, and specialists to translate company technology goals/needs into tangible projects.
- Regularly assess department physical and personnel resources against service support and project requirements to ensure adequate staffing, equipment, and workspace.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configuration, and/or new systems to meet the needs of the business.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-effective contracts.
- Work with the CIO to establish an annual budget for the department and the technology needs of the company and its individual business units.
- Create and maintain strong channels of communication within the department, and across the organization encouraging mutual support and collaboration.
- Regularly review KPIs and engage the team in a process of self-assessment, accountability, and improvement.
- Provide opportunities for continuing education and professional development for the department as a whole and for individuals fostering continual improvement.
- Design, develop, and implement next-level capabilities for the group coordinating system integration including refreshing companywide IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security of all data, network access, application access, and backup systems are maintained with a 0-Trust methodology when access is requested both internally and from partners.
- Develop and maintain the following key plans: Incident response, disaster recovery, acceptable use, FTC compliance, and PCI compliance.
- Ensure regular reviews and audits occur and remediation plans are documented and in place for remediation steps.
The ideal candidate will possess an educational and experiential background similar to the following:
- Advanced degree in computer science, network engineering or similar IT-related field
- 10+ years working in professional IT environments, including management experience
- A portfolio of successfully implemented special projects demonstrating the candidate's organizational methods and expertise in working with others
- Experience with the organization's Dealership Management System database, Lightyear/DealerBuilt is a plus, but any knowledge of similar back-end database systems is satisfactory
- Experience/familiarity with the organization's other software environments, a list of which can be produced upon request
- A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Curious about the retail auto business, the industry and the firm's place within it
- Creative and entrepreneurial attitude about the IT department's responsibilities and opportunities
- Thinks systematically, seeks simplicity
- Demonstrates a "learner's mindset" to the team in support of the organization's belief in Continuous Improvement
- Inquisitive by nature, demands honesty
- Demonstrates high levels of empathy and is able to respond appropriately to emotional undertones when dealing with team members and other associates in the organization
- Trustworthy, can be counted on to deliver work as promised, when promised
What We Offer:
- Advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $2,000 reimbursement within a 12-month period
- 401k with Matching Contribution - 25% of the first $4,000 deferrals annually ($1,000 maximum)
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday or Monday off)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Medical (PPO), Dental (PPO & HMO), Vision, and complimentary Group Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts for Sales, Service, and Parts
- Company Partner Discounts
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan & Flexible Spending Account (allows employees to pay for certain qualified expenses on a pre-tax basis)
- Generous Company Partner Discounts on sales, service, and parts at our many locations
TechnologyView all jobs at Norm Reeves