As an Automotive Detailer, you’re one of the most important team members at Norm Reeves Honda, Cerritos. You’ll use your existing knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance to clean and refurbish new and used cars. You will be responsible for ensuring that all vehicles are detailed and delivered with excellent care to provide an exceptional guest experience.
We’re looking for someone who takes great pride in their work and has a guest-service approach to daily responsibilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Wash vehicle exterior, using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surface to protect surface and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuum interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner.
- Clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Apply revitalizers and preservation agents to vinyl or leather surfaces and treat fabrics with spot- and stain-resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components.
- Clean engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Apply special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following recommendations of the product's manufacturer.
- Paint engine components and related parts, using spray gun or aerosol can and masking
- Apply paint to chipped body surfaces of vehicles, using touch-up paint.
- Drive yourself and the team to maintain a super work environment and get better every day
What You’ll Need:
- One year experience as a technician's helper
- Full-time availability. You’ll also need to be at least 18 years old
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to use hand and power tools and other machinery safely
- Ability lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- Free training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $2,000 reimbursement within 12-month period
- 401k with Matching Contribution – 25% match on up to $4,000 contribution per year
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 1st year is up to 6 PTO days
- 2nd to 4th year is 11 PTO days
- 5+ years is 16 PTO days
- 6 Holidays per year
- Medical (PPO), Dental (PPO & HMO) and complimentary Group Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan & Flexible Spending Account (allows employees to pay for certain qualified expenses on a pre-tax basis)
- Generous Company Partner Discounts on sales, service and parts at our many locations