Restaurant Server Assistant- Part Time (Mornings)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Careers at Commonwealth Lodging
Who we are:
Top Notch Talent + World Class Hospitality
We take a proactive, hands-on approach to hotel management. Our team boasts extensive experience in all areas of hospitality management.
We are a company with a culture that understands relationships and Team First! We value professionalism, integrity, and honesty as we work towards providing world class hospitality. We understand that our associates deliver our guest experience, and we are looking for the highest quality talent to achieve our mission!
You'll love working for us because:
The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented and supportive leaders and team-people you can be proud to work with! Core Values: Team First, Own It, Relationship Oriented, Professionalism, Integrity/Honesty
What you can expect from us:
Access to your money before payday!
Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K, Company paid short- and long-term disability insurance, Company paid life insurance, Travel discounts, Merit increases, Years of Service Awards, Employee Assistance Program, Advancement Opportunities, Paid holidays, Tuition reimbursement, Referral Bonus-work with your friends! Multiple incentive bonuses! And much more!
How you will make an impact/Key responsibilities:
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Server Assistant is responsible for working with the expo to assure prompt delivery of the food that is ready in the "hot" and "cold" windows in the kitchen. The Server Assistant is responsible for delivery to the tables in the Food & Beverage Outlet. The Server Assistant and expo work both together and independently to assure that every plate looks correct and to deliver hot/cold food in a timely manner to the guests in all outlets. The Server Assistant together with the service staff is responsible for bringing any additional items the guests need to complete their meal.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.
What you need to succeed/Core competencies:
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in food service preferred.
- Previous guest/customer relations training.
- Good understanding of the English languages.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Carry a large oval tray with 6 covered dinners, approximately 20 pounds.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds. Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 150 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays
- Be in proper uniform, with nametag.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with guests as well as team members
- Checks each plate of food to be correct as ordered by the guest
- Makes sure all condiments are accompanying each order
- Assures that every item on the order is ready and on the tray together
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss
- Notifies server of guest needs
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate linens for service
- Stocks/restocks workstations with appropriate plates and saucers, etc
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Assist with clearing off and cleaning tables in the restaurant.
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures and scheduled daily group activities.
- Be familiar with all local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness. To be helpful and courteous in any manner of guest contact.
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guest and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures. As well as the brand standards, policies and procedures.
This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.
Work environment: Work environment - F&B outlets, and all areas of the hotel. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
Norfolk Waterside MarriottNorfolk, VA View All Norfolk Waterside Marriott Jobs
Get fresh Restaurant Server Assistant- Part Time (Mornings) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.