Economic Opportunities Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Economic Opportunities Manager: Promoting Employment and Entrepreneurship
About NRHA Founded in 1940, the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority (NRHA) provides low-income families in Norfolk, Virginia with safe and well-maintained housing. It also plans and administers large-scale residential redevelopment programs within Norfolk.
NRHA is an award-winning public housing authority that has been exceptionally effective in obtaining private investment partners to fund new neighborhoods; improving low-income public housing; planning and building mixed-income communities; and offering programs that support residents receiving rental assistance on their path to self-sufficiency. NRHA aims to create and apply meaningful housing and neighborhood development programs to serve all residents of Norfolk, Virginia.
NRHA looks for people who want to work in a challenging and progressive environment and make a positive difference in the community,
About the Position NRHA seeks qualified candidates for the position of Economic Opportunities Manager. This position promotes economic opportunities programs and services offered through NRHA’s economic opportunities program to Section 3 (HUD Act of 1968) qualified and to minority-owned and women-owned business enterprises (MWBEs). The position assists public housing residents with their training, employment, entrepreneurship, and financial self-sufficiency efforts, and acts to assure compliance with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grant requirements to promote effective Section 3 participation.
Key Responsibilities The primary duties of this position include:
- Implementing employment and business entrepreneurship programs for public housing residents and other program eligible individuals.
- Promoting MWBE contracting with NRHA.
- Coordinating economic development, employment training, and individual self-sufficiency efforts with other NRHA staff and external partners.
- Marketing economic opportunity programs and projects to public housing residents, MWBE businesses, and partners.
- Facilitating and coordinating referrals of Section 3-covered contract opportunities with eligible residents and businesses.
- Maintaining NRHA’s Section 3 business database.
- Maintains documentation related to resident Section 3 referrals.
- Monitoring and reporting on Section 3 and MWBE economic opportunity activity.
- Conducts or assists others in conducting program compliance audits.
- Representing NRHA on economic opportunity initiatives before the government and public.
- Advising, guiding, conferring with, and counseling internal and external parties on Section 3 and MWBE matters.
- Preparing and submitting program records, contract specifications, requests for proposals (RFPs), tracking lists, and other documents relevant to economic opportunities programs.
About the Ideal Candidate The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related major.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible business development, business consulting, workforce development or service to disadvantaged individuals and businesses; inclusive of supervisory experience.
NRHA will consider equivalent substitutes for education and/or experience, provided that the candidate can demonstrate that he/she has obtained the knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the job.
NRHA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The intended salary for this position is $62,836.80. The benefits package includes retirement, health, dental, vision, life insurance, deferred compensation, tuition reimbursement, and student loan forgiveness.
Those candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly by telephone. All other candidates will receive an email communication after the position is filled.
Want to help others? NRHA is looking for you!
NRHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants receive consideration for a position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, or any other class protected by law. NRHA is an e-Verify employer, and reviews the eligibility of each employee to work in the United States. NRHA is a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. NRHA requires a criminal history record review for all positions. NRHA reserves the right to close or withdraw at any time any position it lists or advertises.