- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic for the Norfolk Dredging Company location in Chesapeake, Virginia. Compensation will be based on level of experience and proficiency.
- Pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen
- Ability to comply with instructions in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Willingness to adapt quickly to changing work environment or conditions
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to make successful engine repairs
- Ability to work in a shop, on a dock, onboard a floating vessel, or inside enclosed spaces
- Periodic overnight travel to project locations for routine asset repair (dredges, barges, etc.)
- Formal education or training program completed, or equivalent job experience
- Diagnose & troubleshoot engine problems
- Provide service and maintenance per OEM specifications
- Maintain housekeeping standards inside shop, on vessel, and dockside, especially proper containment & disposal
- Safe operation of mobile equipment & powered industrial trucks (tractors, loaders, forklifts)
- Safe operation of pneumatic and powered hand tools / yard equipment
- Conform to all safe work policies and procedures, especially safe hot work & fire prevention
- Strict compliance with attendance policies
Apply online at https://www.norfolkdredging.com/careers
Norfolk Dredging Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Norfolk Dredging CompanyWhy Work Here?
Profit-sharing eligible; opportunities for training, advancement, and pay increases
Based in Chesapeake, Virginia, Norfolk Dredging Company has been engaged in hydraulic and clamshell dredging since 1899. Our project operations span the Atlantic Coast, with specialty work in marine construction and coastal engineering.
110 N. Centerville TurnpikeChesapeake, VA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Norfolk Dredging Company