The Business System Analyst, is a key member of the Nordstrom business team building a world-class omni-channel distribution and fulfillment network. This role will drive business requirements, process flow mapping, and lead user acceptance testing. The Business Analyst aids development of actionable insights using a variety of qualitative and quantitative inputs.
A day in the life ...
- Business requirements: Collaborate across the enterprise to gather business requirements and use cases to be translated into functional specifications.
- Data Solutions: Partner with product managers and business leaders to establish key metrics or success measures and to promote standard work and data governance
- Process and data mapping: Co-design, document and analyze existing or proposed processes, systems and/or data concepts
- Testing: Lead test script development, test planning and user acceptance testing
- Partnership: Engage with IT operations, engineering, technology and operational teams to deliver successful implementations and smooth transitions to support owners.
- Analysis: Conduct data-driven analyses, create and use reporting tools to provide actionable, timely and accurate insights of system and business health.
- Communication: Update stakeholders and project teams on progress, issues and risks before, during, and after development and implementation.
- Expertise: Review operating practices and procedures, determine whether improvements can be made and work to implement changes as appropriate.
- Minimum 4 years business analysis, system analysis or equivalent specifically with a technology, logistics or ecommerce company preferred.
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field or quantitative discipline
- Experience with Supply Chain and Fulfillment operations desired
- Strong business acumen with analytical savvy and background in data and analytics.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated delivery of results
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We're a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day - from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you're a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We've been on the Fortune 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We're committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!