Jeffrey is a one-stop, easy shopping experience specializing in luxury fashion. Each salesperson is trained to be a personal shopper for their client, and customer service is our main concern. Our goal is to provide service that is welcoming, fun, friendly, and informative for the customer.
The first Jeffrey store opened Atlanta in 1996. Regarded as a true visionary, Jeffrey Kalinsky, CEO and President, was the first to open his boutique in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan in 1998, resulting in the development of what's now regarded as one of the premiere shopping and entertainment destinations globally. This location in Palo Alto Stanford Shopping Center, is Jeffrey's third store location.
The philosophy of our store can be summarized as providing impeccable service and exciting product in a fun, positive, and upbeat environment. At Jeffrey, people who know our business, achieve their goals and are ready to take on more responsibility have the opportunity for a rewarding career. We're looking for a general manager who is an experienced leader with a proven track record of driving volume growth and developing high-performing teams.
The Receiving candidate is analytical, results-oriented and views the business through the lens of the customer.
A day in the life...
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Demonstrate and lead best practices with the use of system and tools to manage inventory, gain efficiencies and drive sales
- Assist store leaders in maintaining accurate inventory management and controlling shrinkage
- Support all facets of inventory management including Physical Inventory and Store Fulfillment
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
- A proven track record of successful results, for example, strong productivity and achievement of goal
- The ability to influence others to achieve results
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience successfully managing and/or leading a team, a plus
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
As a Jeffrey employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, a 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We're a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day - from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you're a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We've been on the Fortune 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We're committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!