The ideal HR Service Center Contact Representative is an excellent communicator, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
A day in the life...
- Troubleshoot and resolve employee, manager, and HR inquiries via phone and/or AskHR feature online
- Utilize standard business practices and processes for researching information and documenting cases within a Case Management System
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate suggestions to managers as appropriate
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of guidelines, program procedures and systems
- Build positive team relationships to achieve department goals
- Support the business by meeting established service level agreements
- Ensure confidentiality of information
- Plan, facilitate and/or execute assigned projects You own this if you have . . .
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on empathy and understanding
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to professionally and sensitively resolve employee issues while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Experience working in multiple systems at once and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Typing skills of 45+ words per minute
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Workday preferred
- HR Shared Services experience (preferred)
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We're a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day - from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you're a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We've been on the Fortune 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We're committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!