You will be hired as a Financial Service Specialist, which is our most senior role - part problem solver, part decision maker. The ideal Financial Service Specialist is caring, compassionate, enthusiastic, solutions-oriented and committed to providing outstanding Nordstrom customer service every day.
CA Call Center Hours of Operation: 5:00am-12am (midnight) PST
Shifts: Full-time position, times will vary upon business need. Schedule flexibility is required and expected
Training: Must successfully complete and graduate a paid training program
A day in the life...
- Answer and resolve high volume of basic inbound and escalated customer, store and helpline calls
- Enter, review and determine new account applications from multiple channels: stores, online and/or customers responding to promotional invitations
- Answer complex inbound account inquiries by applying advanced knowledge of Visa, Retail, Corporate Card, Debit and Gift Card products
- Process, review register referrals, Nordstrom.com transactions and credit line increase requests
- Troubleshoot customer inquiries regarding online enrollment, password, sign-on issues and other online related questions
- High school, GED or vocational school diploma required
- 1+ years of experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Ability to independently apply strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making-skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and co-workers
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department needs, including nights and weekends
- Prior call center experience preferred but not required
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We're a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day - from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you're a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We've been on the Fortune 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We're committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!