The ideal Beauty Stylist drives cosmetic sales across all brands by maximizing demonstration and artistry techniques. They are passionate about the product, thrive in a commissioned sales environment and committed to providing the best one-on-one customer service to their beauty clients.
A day in the life...
- Set and achieve personal and company sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
- Initiate service consultations by asking open-ended questions to learn the customer's preferences and needs
- Build lasting relationships with customers by following up on purchases, suggesting new products and inviting them to upcoming events
- Grow sales by opening new Nordstrom Rewards accounts
- Seek industry trends and product knowledge to maintain expertise
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships in each Cosmetic brand to identify key focuses and products
- The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs
- 1+ years of Beauty industry experience
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on department needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and follow-through
- A high level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We're a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day - from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you're a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We've been on the Fortune 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We're committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!