Industrial Electrical Controls Engineer - Manufacturing Company
Our client is manufacturer of sophisticated electronic machinery. This Electrical Controls Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer needs to be expert at Allen Bradley, GE Automation and/or Horner PLC controllers. You will have the ability to influence and develop new practices, evaluate and improve current system designs, and help the company grow through improved methods, processes, and flow.
Your Role as Electrical Controls Engineer:
· Design schematics for electrical components and panels
· Write, document, test and install code for PLCs using ladder logic, RSLogix5000
· Provide electrical engineering expertise to the design team on UIs, PLCs, touch screen programming, etc.
· Troubleshoot problems on installed product with field service technicians
· Improve existing system designs and develop new design practices to improve product development cycle
· Provide ongoing support to in-house users and external customers
· In-depth understanding of 3 phase motor controls, GE, Horner, & Allen Bradley PLC’s programming, and related products.
· Ability to read & understand motor control ladder drawings. Motor control design ability is a must
· Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD 2D; experience with AutoCAD Electrical a plus
· Thorough knowledge of engineering and manufacturing practices and methodologies
· MS Excel and MS Office experience
· General IT skills including familiarity with Ethernet, distributed networks, and internet
· Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering / Technology, or a related field, or relevant experience