The Web/UI Designer will work with the ecommerce and digital marketing teams to design customer experiences via a variety of digital touchpoints that optimize engagement and conversions across Nordic Naturals’ digital channels. The Web/UI Designer will create a consistent, fluid, engaging customer journey, exemplifying a passion for building a stellar digital platform for the Nordic Naturals brand. Working with a solution-oriented mindset, this Web/UI Designer will also help build and maintain website usability testing and experiments, embracing data-driven design and interface decisions.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the engineering and digital marketing teams to take written and verbal briefs to create concepts, layouts, and designs for emails, websites, landing pages, and digital ads.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout our digital touchpoints
- Build wireframes and storyboards to conceptualize and define design
- Follow UI/UX best practices and standards
- Work with ecommerce and digital marketing teams to define user flows and sitemaps
- Collaborate on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs
- Conduct user testing and experiments for website and email UI, using data and feedback to drive decisions.
- Be responsible for actively tracking and managing time/projects
Designer Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of typography, layout, color theory, and design principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web Design or related field preferred
- Proven experience with web design with a portfolio of sample projects
- Two (2) years’ experience in web design or related position
- Artistic eye for design, user interaction, functionality, and readability
- Experience with UI/UX design preferred
- Experience with multiple visual design programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator
- Knowledgeable in wire-framing tools, storyboards, user flows, and site mapping
- In-depth understanding of latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Able to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Listens well and incorporates others’ viewpoints into the design process.
- Adapts to changing priorities, deadlines and directions, and can multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as an active member of a team to deliver high quality projects on time
- Experience in the natural products industry is preferred
- Macintosh OS X environment.
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver).
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PPT.
- HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
- This is a full time, in house position at our headquarters in Watsonville, California.
Nordic Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screening and background check are conditions of employment.
At Nordic Naturals, we’re committed to delivering the world’s safest, most effective nutrients essential to health. Our award-winning omega-3 fish oil and other foundational nutrients are research supported, expertly formulated, rigorously tested, proven effective and, best of all, great tasting. With products for the whole family, we deliver the nutrients essential for healthy living.
Nordic Naturals has been revolutionizing omega-3s since 1995, pioneering a new definition of fish oil as it relates to purity, freshness, taste, and dosage. Headquartered in Watsonville, CA, the company has expanded beyond solely omega-3s and offers complementary, foundational nutrients essential to health. Our portfolio, which is distributed to over 35 countries, includes more than 200 products in a variety of flavors and formulations for adults, kids, athletes, and pets. Family owned, Nordic Naturals works passionately to see generations of healthier, happier people around the world.
Nordic Naturals offers a great work environment, support for a healthy lifestyle, and an opportunity to be part of a company that’s making a positive difference. We are committed to the shared goal of promoting health and wellness by delivering the world’s safest, most effective omega oils. We see a growing worldwide market and need a great team of people to enable our company to continue to fulfill its mission.