EXCELLENT PEOPLE MAKE EXCELLENT BUSINESS
Norbord is the leading global OSB manufacturer. Our success comes from hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business. We are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed workforce that ensures we remain at the forefront of manufacturing excellence. At Norbord, we are committed to teamwork and safety without compromise. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual for the following vacancy:
RELIABILITY ENGINEERING MANAGER – NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
Reporting to the General Manager, the Reliability Engineer (Manager) is responsible for overseeing the safe, efficient and fiscally responsible management of the reliability/preventative maintenance department.
As the Champion of our reliability/preventative maintenance group, the Reliability Engineer (Manager) provide technical expertise in project management, leadership abilities and reliability/preventative subject matter expert while providing strategic and tactical leadership in areas such as safety, uptime, efficiency, production as well as quality.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of the lubrication and vibration analyses programs.
- Collaborates with production & maintenance to identify equipment utilization opportunities.
- Manages reliability activities to improve equipment availability based on industry best practices for rotating/reciprocating machinery, electrical and instrumentation systems; and pressure vessels/piping systems.
- Manages downtime issues and builds a corrective action plan to reduce the downtime and ensure the mill’s uptime is at or above target.
- Participates in Quality Initiatives, continuous improvement processes, and quantitatively monitoring processes.
- Leads the root cause and/or failure analysis programs.
- Participates in planning of capital projects.
- Manages the life cycles of critical components and processes.
- Performs regular daily rounds (visual inspections) to discover hazards and ensuring work requests are submitted regarding maintenance requirements.
- Implements, designs, utilizes and enforces proactive safety steps. Participates in regular safety meetings with the goal of zero lost-time incidents on site.
- 5 years of related preventative and predictive maintenance knowledge coupled with 5 years’ experience in a leadership role within an industrial plant or manufacturing setting.
- A Mechanical/Electrical/Structural Engineering degree is required.
- Project Management training would be a definite asset.
- Strong computer skills: Excel and Word (intermediate), exposure to computerized maintenance management systems (IVARA, in our case) would be an asset
Why Work for Norbord?
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood-based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries, benefits, and company profit sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
The incumbent will divide their time between an office setting and operational setting that may include hot, cold, wet and humid conditions. The incumbent may be periodically required to work extended or varied hours in order to accomplish tasks. Exposure to noise, dirt, grease, water and sawdust is common.
This position requires a high degree of physical mobility to include repetitious climbing of stairs, navigating catwalks, working at heights up to 130 feet above the ground, crawling, bending, stooping and reaching on a daily basis. Periodic lifting up to 30 lbs. is essential.