- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the daily operation of the branch’s service department in compliance with established policies and procedures. Plans, directs and controls the activities of the service department to ensure the overall growth and profit objectives are achieved. Formulate the major objectives, specific plans, plan procedures and programs for the service department and evaluate the department’s results and performance against objectives. Maintain the highest quality standards of professionalism in serving our employees and customers in a high energy, high demand department.
1. Demonstrated leadership. Sets the example for direct reports on adherence to company policies & procedures, daily operations and customer service standards.
2. Assesses present & future needs, trends and problems of the service department.
3. Short and Long term Operating and Financial objectives:
· Maintains a work schedule to effectively and efficiently cover all open hours.
- Profitability - Delivers the highest quality product/service at an acceptable profit
· Formulates Annual and Monthly sales/profit objectives and expense budget in accordance with company objectives.
· Reviews and appraises the results of activities within the department and takes appropriate action as necessary. Achieve the success plan.
· Develops and maintains monthly billing efficiency and productivity reports. Reviews with Branch Manager monthly.
4. Ensures that approved policies and objectives are clearly understood and effectively applied within the department.
· Initiates and incorporates housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a clean, safe and attractive work environment.
· Maintains policies to train, develop, and motivate service department personnel.
· Sets an annual training schedule for employees that insures their growth and knowledge.
· Sets an annual performance review schedule that appraises each department employee’s performance and assesses opportunities for growth.
· SDS online management
5. Customer Contact and Relationships:
- Develops merchandising strategies to ensure the financial objectives are obtained.
· Promote service sales through personal relationships and marketing techniques to all major, current or future customers. This includes outside sales, telemarketing, advertising and direct mail, etc.
· Develop and maintain relationships with “top 25” Current and “top 25” target service customers in the area.
· Develop and maintain policies and practices, which will ensure positive customer relations.
· Establishes and maintains a measurable method for monitoring customer satisfaction.
· Be familiar with the activities of competition, market conditions and department operations; keep the Branch Manager informed.
· Maintain appropriate communication within and between all departments.
· Maintain professional and working communication with other leaders and employees at all NorCal Kenworth Branches.
7. Repair Orders:
· Must make sure that ROs are closed accurately, daily and expeditiously moved through the accounting process (operating standard is 3 days or less)
· Must coordinate the processing of warranty claims with Warranty Administrator
· Must work diligently with vendors on policy considerations
· Achieving a 24-hour turnaround on repair order job estimates
· Maintain 88% or better shop proficiency
8. From time to time perform closely related tasks as assigned by the Branch Manager.
9. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Service Manager reports directly to the Branch Manager.
Service Department personnel report directly to the Service Manager.
REQUIRED QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE
· Excellent Communication skills
· Excellent customer service focus
· Honesty, integrity, authenticity and resilient
· Optimizing work processes
· Excellent negotiations skills
· Valid driver license with ability to travel up to 20%
· Verifiable Automotive / truck experience and/or knowledge
· Well versed with technology
- Truck dealership experience
- Mechanical background
· Warranty experience and/or knowledge
Achievement of specific targets, as set out in the Service Manager’s targets memo. These include:
· Department Total Sales Goals
· Department Net Profit Goals
· Branch Net Profit Goals
· Service Department Operating Standards
The above statement are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. NorCal Kenworth reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours as required by the program.
707 Display WaySacramento, CA