NorCal Cannabis Company is building the largest vertically integrated and consumer reach platform in the biggest cannabis market in the world: California. We are on a mission to radically transform the cannabis industry and to do this we must think differently and question conventional approaches. We are looking to hire a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact, and to do the best work of their lives while building an industry from the ground up.
We are looking for a VP of Comms at a successful, fast-growing company in a dynamic, exciting industry. The VP of Comms is a critical leadership role that manages the strategic planning, on-going development, and coordination of all consumer, business, and trade public relations activities to enhance the company image to all stakeholders and consumers. You will liaise directly with the CEO, CMO, CCO, President, and other Executives, and you will be the face of NorCal to journalists and relevant industry associations and build strategic PR networks in the communities where we operate.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to support NorCal’s corporate brand, retail brands, consumer packaged goods, compliance and policy positions.
- Partner with executive management at Company in developing the strategy for public relations
- With internal and external team create messaging and talking points as needed to articulate corporate vision and values, as well as each of the brands out to consumers and industry.
- Develop a plan for crisis communication. Act as the company’s public information officer in the event of a crisis event.
- Develop and implement a proactive media plan to support the business goals and marketing efforts
- Manage the internal and external Public Relations activities, acting as a spokesperson for the Company to introduce, position, and market the company to consumers and industry partners.
- Monitor changes in SEC regulations or other legal precedents to ensure a "best practices" approach to consumer communications
- Advise executive management about financial and industry trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the Company
- Act as corporate spokesperson responsible for protecting the integrity and reputation of the organization
- Develop strategy and manage execution of targeted public relations campaigns to generate coverage for NorCal Cannabis and all of its brands. Media targets include print, TV, online outlets (inclusive of blogs and social media) as well as radio
- Oversee writing, formatting (with photos) and distributing press releases to print, online and broadcast media. Work with the executive team to develop the department’s annual budget and participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing and execution.
- Work with HR and oversee internal communications plan that communicates the company mission and values.
- Executive and thought leadership and narrative development for all pr and communication initiatives for the business
- Planning all press events, brand and store launch events when appropriate to drive awareness and coverage
- Utilize social media to generate publicity, awareness and help grow overall social media presence for both NorCal and its brands, in close coordination with in-house social team
- Work with NorCal team to strategize, develop and execute all influencer, celebrity and other VIP outreach around all company brands
- Tracking coverage and measuring overall efforts, delivering comprehensive reports monthly, inclusive of impression numbers and when applicable media value
What we are looking for in you
- 10+ years' experience in Public Relations and Media Relations
- 2-3 years' experience managing public relations departments
- Strategic Visioning - ability to provide Public Relations a vision that is aligned with the corporate vision, focused and with a clear line of sight between the area's objectives and the corporate objectives and a vision that is compelling and creates a sense of ownership and urgency.
- Change Management - ability to continually and effectively prepare the organization for the future while maintaining current success and motivation.
- Functional Depth and Breadth - in-depth knowledge, appropriate academic credentials, and proven track record in a specific function.
- Customer and consumer Driven - demonstrates appropriate attention to the customer (internal or external) and consumers, providing superior services