NorCal Cannabis Co is one of California’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, with operations ranging from seed to store. We are on a mission to radically transform the cannabis industry. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it's essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives while building an industry from the ground up. Our mission is to change stigmas and enhance the lives of our customers and patients by delivering the unexpected, and we're looking for a Store Manager to help do just that.
In this role, you will lead the cannabis retail team and oversee day to day operations. You will foster a culture of teamwork and camaraderie, with communication being at the forefront of team building. You will coordinate the details of daily operations, working closely with the Director of Retail Operations. You will oversee security, reporting and cash management procedures related to opening and closing of the store.
What you’ll do
- Lead and inspire team members to continuously grow, learn, evolve, to be compassionate, kind and strive to become better.
- Attract talent and build an exceptional team that will uphold and deliver our mission, vision, and goals to customers.
- Meet or exceed sales goals, profitability, and operational excellence
- Exceed the customers expectations by implementing and delivering exceptional service and training the staff to deliver the same service
- Drive customer visit goals and increase the number of returning customers
- Analyze, forecast, and deliver financial and operational reporting regularly
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies for improvement
- Clear knowledge and understanding of cannabis regulations (including Metrc) and ensure that compliance is executed in operations
- Promote an environment and culture that is focused on positive and healthy interactions
- Foster positive and productive relationships with all vendors
- Effectively communicate and delegate goals, tasks, and responsibilities to the team to ensure a smooth operational flow.
- Monitor and manage staffing, scheduling, operations, processes, etc.
- Implement HR policies and standard operating procedures
- Encourage and promote a teamwork environment while empowering a self-managing team
- Monitor and manage inventory, product placement, store presentations and work with marketing to raise awareness and increase sales
- Oversee and implement selling programs, sell-through rates
- Engage meaningfully in the local community through events, programs and partnerships
- Knowledgeable of POS system functions, ERP systems
- Strategically utilize the tools provided to successfully capture customers’ buying habits to ensure the best in class experience
- Implement systems of checks and balances in areas vulnerable to loss
- Promote and implement sales strategies
What we are looking for
- 2+ years of management experience in a cannabis dispensary
- 5 years of retail management
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not a must
- Able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Strong desire to work at a successful and culturally invigorating company
- Excellent communication skills
- Inventory management experience preferred but not a must
- High energy with a hit of hustle
- Self-starter and very organized
- Follows store/company code of conduct
- Minimum 21 years of age
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance benefits for employees and their dependents.
- Product discounts.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile.