NorCal Cannabis Company is building the largest vertically integrated and consumer reach platform in the biggest cannabis market in the world: California. We are on a mission to radically transform the cannabis industry and to do this we must think differently and question conventional approaches. We are looking to hire a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact, and to do the best work of their lives while building an industry from the ground up.
As Senior Manager, Corporate Development, you will source, evaluate, structure, and execute mergers and acquisitions and develop strategic partnerships. Unlike typical Corporate Development roles, you will also support the capital markets and financing strategy of NorCal Cannabis Company. You will work closely in tandem with the Senior Leadership team on key strategic initiatives, as well as cross-functionally with internal and external business leaders to support our growth and vision to be amongst the leading vertically integrated cannabis companies in the world.
What You’ll Do
- Support the end-to-end acquisition (M&A) process in conjunction with senior management, including consideration of strategic fit, business assessment, due diligence, valuation, contract negotiation, and integration
- Serve as a key member of the financing strategy and execution team, with responsibilities across capital cost optimization, structuring, diligence, and execution
- Create a detailed landscape of new growth and acquisition opportunities and prepare reports and analysis analyzing these opportunities
- Present strategic recommendations including acquisition business cases and valuation analyses to senior management
- Structure joint ventures and strategic partnerships that add value for NorCal Cannabis Company
- Oversee detailed financial modelling and presentations that support our financing goals and acquisitions
- Oversee and manage the investor due diligence process that support our financing goals
- Support the investor relations, communication, and reporting process
- Be a trusted voice in shaping the strategic direction of NorCal Cannabis Company in conjunction with senior management
- Drive forward strategic projects and initiatives
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of relevant experience in corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and / or corporate law firm experience
- 1+ years of relevant experience in the cannabis sector preferred, but not required
- Extremely strong financial modelling and presentation skills
- Experience closing M&A and debt / equity financing transactions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- We value diversity and inclusivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position reports to the Investor Relations within a matrix organization. Please send a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile.
This position will be based in our corporate office located in San Francisco, CA with minimal travel within the State of California. Compensation is dependent on experience.