NorCal Cannabis Company has developed and shaped the legal cannabis industry since 2015 and today we are building the largest vertically integrated and consumer reach platform in the biggest cannabis market in the world: California. We are on a mission to radically transform the cannabis industry and to do this we must think differently and question conventional approaches. We are looking to hire a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact, and to do the best work of their lives while building an industry from the ground up.Our team is committed to professionalism, integrity and has high standards of productivity and work quality.
As Payroll Accountant, you will be responsible for all bi-weekly payroll processing, reporting and related accounting functions for all entities. This will involve, maintaining all related information updated in addition to supporting the administration of various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. You will also have excellent time management and organizational skills with strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the flexibility to juggle priorities in this fast-paced industry.
- Compiles payroll, such as hours worked, insurance and withholding, from timesheets and other records.
- Stay current in payroll tax changes and regulations
- Ensures that all employees are paid on time and that their paychecks are accurate.
- Comfortable with handling cash
- Resolves discrepancies with payroll and/or documentation (e.g. payroll withholding vs. W4, leaves of absence, separating employees, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and employee payments
- Provide great customer service regarding payroll issues and questions
- Comfortable with counting and cash for payroll processing
- Assists with filing, answering phones, preparing employee files, and administrative tasks as assigned
- Provide support for HR staff when needed, and handles other duties as assigned
- Enter journal entries
- Contributes to team effort and accomplishing related results as needed
- Checks figures for accuracy and necessary approvals
- Communicates with the Human Resources to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes are accurate and make any necessary updates
- Prepare payroll reports
- Researches and resolves questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information.
- Experience with executing court order withholding orders and garnishments is a must
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2-3 years of Quick Books experience a must
- Knowledge of Epay time-keeping system a plus
- Understanding of payroll and tax regulations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Degree in accounting or finance or an equivalent combination of experience and knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven payroll related processing experience
- Knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, corporate accounting policies/practices and health provider statements/billing.
- Intermediate to expert level understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to demonstrate current knowledge of GAAP
- Possess a strong background and understanding of SAP ERP software
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Product discounts.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bottom line, it’s a lot of organization skills mixed with hustle and accounting. We’re growing fast, so if you’ve ever been in a position like this before, you know there’s a lot of opportunity to expand as opportunities arise
If you’re interested, send a cover letter (we’d love to hear about your exposure to cannabis and the industry in general, if any), resume and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
NorCal Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation is dependent on experience
This is a full-time position reporting into the Accounting/Finance team. This position is in our in our Santa Rosa corporate office. Local candidates will be considered for this position.