NorCal Cannabis Co is one of California’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, with operations ranging from seed to store. We are on a mission to radically transform the cannabis industry. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it's essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives while building an industry from the ground up. Our mission is to change stigmas and enhance the lives of our customers and patients by delivering the unexpected, and we're looking for an Inventory Control Specialist to help do just that.
The Inventory Control Specialist oversees all control tasks and supervises all inventory activities performed by the staff to ensure the completion of any daily tasks necessary for the smooth operation of the dispensary. Responsibilities include receiving all products, quality control and food safety; ensuring segregation and disposal of outdated, damaged, deteriorated, misbranded or adulterated cannabis; ensuring proper tracking and disposal of unusable products based on state and local requirements; processing and packaging of product as needed; ensuring that the oldest stock of cannabis products are distributed first; executing precise daily, weekly and monthly inventory reports; conducting audits in accordance with state guidelines; and the daily tracking and supply of product inventory both at the service counter and in inventory storage.
What you’ll do
- Conduct and oversee training and development of Inventory related processes in the store
- Ensure accurate reporting to the Store Manager relating to inventory, tracking and control
- Develop a safe, organized and compliant system for the storage, receipt and processing of inventory
- Receive all products for the dispensary using the POS and Inventory Management System
- Assess quality of product and resolve quality concerns
- Oversee product processing projects as needed, ensuring appropriate quantities, accurate weights, quality control, sanitation standards, and proper packaging and labeling
- Determine and adhere to a strict policy and set of procedures for the disposal of unusable cannabis products in accordance with state and local laws and guidance from local law enforcement
- Oversee product packaging as needed and accurate product labeling; meet all local and state labeling requirements
- Develop a system for determining daily restocking and the introduction of new inventory
- Facilitate daily, weekly and monthly inventory counting and tracking; report results to the Store Manager
- Support store leadership with scheduled inventory audits
- Minimize shrink by immediately implementing corrective plans after identifying the root cause of the issue
- Communicate weekly with store leadership to maintain inventory budget and goals
- Ensure inventory policies and procedures are being observed by all employees
- Ensure all staff compliance with hygiene and sanitation guidelines
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies, organization and overall cleanliness of the department and product storage areas
- Maintain accurate, organized and compliant departmental records; review for assurance that no errors have occurred, or if they have occurred, that they have been investigated and resolved
What we are looking for
- 2 years of experience in inventory control and/or supply chain
- Prior experience working in the cannabis industry and/or knowledge of metrc training is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and/or one or more years of management experience preferred
- Able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Self-starter and very organized
- Basic computer operating skills; advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail
- Follows store/company code of conduct
- Minimum 21 years of age
- This role requires frequent lifting and/or moving of items over 50 pounds
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance benefits for employees and their dependents.
- Product discounts.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile.