NorCal Cannabis Co. (NCC) is one of California’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, with operations ranging from seed to store. In every facet of our business we maintain our relationship with cannabis as a force for good. We commit to professionalism, integrity, respect, and high standards of productivity. NCC requires a diverse team of exceptional individuals to meet our objectives and achieve our goals.
Summary of Position:
As the Integrated Pest Management Technician, you will work closely with the IPM Manager in conjunction with General Managers and under the guidance of the Director of Cultivation, and be responsible for scouting and identifying pests, diseases and other abiotic problems in the plants in all areas of the cultivation facility. You will apply and oversee all the IPM products applications; prepare weekly reports about the findings, and keep the application and MSDS records up to date.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
NCC Culture and Mission
Our Belief: Cannabis is a Plant for Good
- Throughout its history, cannabis has always been a plant for good. We are proud to create brands, products, and content that enhance the awareness of cannabis as a force for good, wellness, and fun.
Our Foundation: Strong Roots, Bright Future
- Our foundation is defined by the following:
- The Plant:We regard the rich history between human beings and cannabis as coevolution that helped shape agricultural cultivation, natural medicine, and human consciousness.
- The People: We respect one another, helping others succeed, collaborating on outcomes, drawing from diversity, contributing to our communities, and having fun.
- The Reciprocity: We do the right thing, and maintain high ethical standards from seed to store. Our business only thrives when we know we are involved in the betterment of people’s lives.
- The Journey:Our backgrounds range in their diversity, bound in our trust in one another and our collective belief that cannabis will change the world for the better.
Perform and provide leadership for all IPM tasks including:
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment;
- Follow IPM schedules;
- Provide IPM Manager with Daily IPM Status Reports
- Comply with all company policies including confidentiality, non-compete, and non-disclosure of/with all company methods and procedures.
- Scout all the plants in the Facility (moms, clones, veg, flower, quarantine, etc.) and prepare reports of findings on time Identify invading pests, disease and biological agents.
- Set, monitor and report findings of mechanical traps (sticky cards, etc.)
- Calculate different rates for different volumes of IPM products
- Assist in the completion of the IPM program including; cultural, physical, biological, and chemical control methods.
- Apply IPM products and release Biologicals. Spray/Drench IPM products solutions, powders, and gases to target specific pest and or disease
- Provide guidance to other workers involved in application
- Utilize appropriate protective gear and equipment during application
- Clean and remove IPM products after application and make sure sprayers and pumps are clean after the application.
- Plate possible disease problem, incubate, prepare slides for Microscope identification and submit to the Agronomist/Plant Health Manager Perform other job assignments as needed
- Technical Experience a plus.
- Are at least 21 years of age
- Are willing to participate in an extensive background check Have a valid driverʼs license and reliable transportation
Skills and Abilities
- Results driven
- Trustworthy and hardworking
- Excellent time- management skills Ability to effectively plan, sequence, and prioritize
- Self-directed, organized, and detail- oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills Able to work efficiently and accurately
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented, with excellent communication skills Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Required to stand for extended periods of time, lifting of objects on a regular basis, and daily repetitive tasks
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for 100 feet