NorCal Cannabis Company is building the largest vertically integrated and consumer reach platform in the biggest cannabis market in the world: California. We are on a mission to radically transform the cannabis industry and to do this we must think differently and question conventional approaches. We are looking to hire a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact, and to do the best work of their lives while building an industry from the ground up.
We are quickly looking to scale our team with passionate people to keep up with our rapid growth. As an HR Assistant, you will be a key part of the HR Team ensuring our operations run smoothly. We are a small operation currently, with plenty of upward mobility. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to further their career in the fastest growing industry in California!
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with candidates to accomplish on-boarding tasks including new hire paperwork and background check
- Maintain candidate databases to reflect current work status and information
- Assist team with employee retention by communicating regularly with active workers
- Administrative assistant or data entry specialist with experience processing and verifying new employee documentation is required
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel and works closely with the HR department; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; monitors career-pathing program and writes and places advertisements
- Performance Management, Training Management, Maintaining Employee Files, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, Employment Law, Project Management, Office Experience - General, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- We value diversity and inclusivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile.
This position will be based in one of our corporate offices located in San Francisco, CA. Compensation is dependent on experience.