NorCal Cannabis Co. is one of California’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, with operations ranging from seed to store. In every facet of our business we maintain our relationship with cannabis as a force for good. We commit to professionalism, integrity, and high standards of productivity. As our company grows we require a diverse team of exceptional individuals to meet our objectives and achieve our goals.
The Facility Manager fulfills an integral role in NCC production. He/she ensures that all machinery, mechanical, and general facility systems are functioning and in good operational standing. He/she is skilled for creative problem solving and interpersonal conflict resolution in the workplace, as well as critical thinking relevant to the job. The Facility Manager is the point person for ongoing facility-related maintenance as well as periodic construction projects and on-the-fly problem solving. The Facility Manager is responsible for the general maintenance, upkeep and repair of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
NCC Culture and Mission
Our Belief: Cannabis is a Plant for Good
- Throughout its history, cannabis has always been a plant for good. We are proud to create brands, products, and content that enhance the awareness of cannabis as a force for good, wellness, and fun.
Our Foundation: Strong Roots, Bright Future
- Our foundation is defined by the following:
- The Plant:We regard the rich history between human beings and cannabis as coevolution that helped shape agricultural cultivation, natural medicine, and human consciousness.
- The People: We respect one another, helping others succeed, collaborating on outcomes, drawing from diversity, contributing to our communities, and having fun.
- The Reciprocity: We do the right thing, and maintain high ethical standards from seed to store. Our business only thrives when we know we are involved in the betterment of people’s lives.
- The Journey:Our backgrounds range in their diversity, bound in our trust in one another and our collective belief that cannabis will change the world for the better.
- Works in concert with all production related staff in pursuit of our common goals- a highly productive, efficient, profitable and safe operation;
- Takes ownership of required administrative leadership as needed for the job and as directed by management;
- Foster and facilitate a working environment with minimal staff turnover;
Management and Teamwork
- Works in concert with General Management and Cultivation Managers in pursuit of our common goals- a highly productive, efficient and safe operation.
- Establishes work schedules, approves time cards and conducts onboarding when relevant.
- Establish and maintain positive external vendor relationships.
- Daily Operations
- Participates/performs/assists/coordinates facility needs including ongoing maintenance, cleaning, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing duties as required.
- Coordinates, directs and inspects contracted work and work completed by internal personnel as it pertains to the facility.
- Establishes preventive maintenance schedules for
- Carbon Filters
- HVAC Filters
- Fogco Humidifiers and pumps
- Fertigation equipment
- Drainage systems for effluent
- Dehumidifier filters
- Air purification filters
- HEPA filters
- Water filters
- Flower light bulb exchange and replacement
- Veg light bulb exchange and replacement
- CO2 tank inspection- making sure they are full and no leaks
- Analyzes and resolves problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Generates reports regarding the facilities schedule and job completion progress.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with staff involving the schedules of the facility maintenance, status of projects and other areas as needed.
- Creates, implements, and provides ongoing oversight of safety policies and procedures.
- Establish, evaluate and improve inventory procedures
- Facility inventory- all supplies- cultivation/ cleaning, everything
- Requisitions and maintains supplies and equipment in an orderly manner.
Project Based Work
- Review construction plans in concert with the Director or Construction Management.
- Problem solve as issues come up with utilities, plumbing, HVAC, cleaning, etc.
- Approves vendor invoices and issues purchase orders related to facilities.
- While NCC owns each of its operating assets, each asset, nonetheless, has its own accounting. The Facilities Manager organizes purchase orders, service appointments, and all other outside vendor services according to the corresponding billable entity.
- Requires flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors
- Trustworthy and hardworking
- Commitment to positive communication, teamwork and learning
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable transportation
- Quickbooks and Microsoft skills
- At least 21 years of age
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Flexible work hours in the event(s) that overtime is required
- Sensitivity to confidential information
Norcal Cannabis Co. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative work environment in an emerging market. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.