NorCal Cannabis Company is building the largest vertically integrated and consumer reach platform in the biggest cannabis market in the world: California. We are on a mission to radically transform the cannabis industry and to do this we must think differently and question conventional approaches. We are looking to hire a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact, and to do the best work of their lives while building an industry from the ground up.
The Director of Learning and Development is responsible for leading the analysis, design, development, implementation, and assessment of learning and development strategies for our Retail, Production and Corporate teams. This role will lead a Learning and Development organization that functions as a partner to peers, cross-functional teams, product, talent functions, marketing, and merchandising, to develop and implement an integrated talent management and learning strategy for all NorCal Cannabis brands.
What You’ll Do
- Drive a holistic training strategy to create a consistent customer and employee experience across retail and corporate
- Lead innovative and effective learning solutions that drive the business and our talent forward
- Design and deliver leadership programs and resources that grow leadership capability
- Establish organizational effectiveness standards including the creation of competency models, Success Profiles, coaching frameworks, succession planning, and performance review criteria.
- Apply a data-driven approach to decision making across our learning and development offerings
- Set L&D quality standards and design high impact, scalable L&D solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, mentoring, and (primarily) experiential learning
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 6 years experience in learning and Development
- Exceptional written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Must be able to work independently on assigned projects and able to build partnerships
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to effectively operate in a culturally diverse environment and across a variety of position levels with astuteness and sensitivity
- Project management skills and expertise
- Creative Leader
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure and be able to prioritize a heavy workload with multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- Up to 30% travel within California
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- We value diversity and inclusivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile.
This position will be based out of one of our corporate office located in Santa Rosa or San Francisco, CA with minimal travel within the State of California. Compensation is dependent on experience.