NorCal Cannabis Co. (NCC) is one of California’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, with operations ranging from seed to store. In every facet of our business we maintain our relationship with cannabis as a force for good. We commit to professionalism, integrity, respect, and high standards of productivity. NCC requires a diverse team of exceptional individuals to meet our objectives and achieve our goals.
Summary of Position: Cultivation Assistants are involved extensively in the day to day attention of our plants.
NCC Culture and Mission Our Belief: Cannabis is a Plant for Good
❖ Throughout its history, cannabis has always been a plant for good. We are proud to create brands, products, and content that enhance the awareness of cannabis as a force for good, wellness, and fun. Our Foundation: Strong Roots, Bright Future
❖ Our foundation is defined by the following:
- The Plant: We regard the rich history between human beings and cannabis as coevolution that helped shape agricultural cultivation, natural medicine, and human consciousness.
- The People: We respect one another, helping others succeed, collaborating on outcomes, drawing from diversity, contributing to our communities, and having fun.
- The Reciprocity: We do the right thing, and maintain high ethical standards from seed to store. Our business only thrives when we know we are involved in the betterment of people’s lives.
- The Journey: Our backgrounds range in their diversity, bound in our trust in one another and our collective belief that cannabis will change the world for the better.
Assistant Cultivation tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining a clean and organized working environment
- Routine and frequent sterilization of cultivation tools, measuring cups, floors,
- horticultural tables, etc.
- Maintaining garden needs on a daily, weekly, monthly, and harvest batch basis
- Maintaining a consistent harvest/production schedule for multiple cultivars in multiple
- flowering environs
- Cloning and propagation
- Blending soils and soilless mediums
- Brewing and maintaining compost teas as appropriate to plant cycles & plant needs; Transplanting
- Nutrient Recipes, reservoir and stock tank maintenance
- Feeding plants according to schedule
- Defoliation and general canopy maintenance
- Transitioning from vegetative to flowering
- Monitoring EC (ppm) & pH levels in both nutrient reservoirs & planted media
- Foliar feeding and IPM sprays
- Monitoring and maintaining ideal CO2 enrichment
- Drying and Curing assistance
- Waste disposal
- Tracking and tagging plants for inventory and identification purposes
Develop & Demonstrate knowledge and/or implementation of:
- Pests and pathogens identification associated with cannabis cultivation;
- Integrated pest management (fostering symbiotic relationships within planted environs to prevent pathogens and pests);
- Ideal climate conditions conducive for stages in cannabis cultivation;
- Cultivation analytics (ie. EC & PH readings, Volumetric Water Content of Substrate, Vapor Pressure Deficit in climate conditions).
- Best sustainable cultivation management practices;
- Basic plumbing and drainage;
- Basic electrical (ex: 120v vs. 208/240, etc.);
- Starting plants from seed and identifying males vs. female plants;
- The recognition of, prevention of, and response to hermaphroditic plant organs;
- Remaining in a standing position for extended periods
- Able to lift up to 25lbs regularly, 50lbs infrequently
- Ability to focus on repetitive tasks
- Hand and finger dexterity required for extended periods
- Consistent hand-eye coordination
- Wearing gloves and other required protective gear for extended periods when required
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays and events, when needed.
- Work Environment:
- Climate controlled nursery conditions conducive to plant life
- Strong cannabis aromas, and periodic odors from pesticide and cleaning products Normal hours of operation days shifts and most weekends
- Occasional loud noises from machinery
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- We value diversity and inclusivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position reports to the Cultivation Manager within a matrix organization. Please send a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile.
This position will be based in our corporate office located in San Francisco, CA with minimal travel within the State of California. Compensation is dependent on experience.