Cost/Accounting Clerk - Onsite
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Cost/Accounting Clerk
Contract Duration: 5 months – with the possibility of extension
Pay rate: $18/hr
Location: TAMPA HWY Lakeland Florida, USA
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, (7:30 AM-4 PM) - onsite
This position is responsible for general accounting support tasks in the accounting department. We are looking for an organized, efficient Accounting Clerk with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Verifying the accuracy of accounting documents or records
- Organization and formatting of monthly accounting information for distribution
- Maintaining expenses and other financial records
- Review, investigate and resolve discrepancies relating to the cost of products shipped by suppliers.
- Research and determine whether to release payments based on analysis of facts and data.
- Verify and proof all receiving and transfer reports prior to keypunching into the system.
- Process sample paperwork.
- File receiving reports daily and forward receiver and adjustment batches to Imaging on a daily basis.
- Research and analyze inventory problems with receivers, transfers, and other discrepancies and make any necessary corrections.
- Match supplier invoices to receivers.
- Reconcile State Beverage Report.
- Assist with processing paperwork and chargebacks relating to claims for shortages and damages.
- Assist in State Beverage Department audits.
- Complete new item setup and maintenance.
- Work with receiving department for count verification on the damaged and missing products.
- Act as backup for other Costing Clerks.
- Perform clerical functions including, but not limited to, copying, filing, etc.
- Assist with physical inventory prep for DWS locations to include keypunch inventory counts, support inventory reconciliations, pull supplier invoices from SAP, research, and audit receivers and transfers.
- Assist with other accounting projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles
Key Qualifications & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma minimum
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and 10-key by touch.
- Accurate data-entry skills.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Have strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Basic mathematical skills including knowledge of general accounting principles.
- AS400, WMi proficient.
- Knowledge of State Excise Tax and Gallonage Calculation
- Proficient in SAP
Additional Job Description:
POSITION OVERVIEW: Position is responsible for inventory costing and reconciliation of invoice to PO. The person will work with Portfolio Marketing Managers and Purchasing Team to maintain cost conditions and resolve discrepancies between invoices and POs through SAP workflow.
- Process a high volume of freight and supplier invoices
- Research and resolve discrepancies for invoices in SAP workflow that failed the three-way match due to price and quantity blocks
- Work with respective warehouse, receiving, and purchasing teams to investigate discrepancies
- Assemble receiver packages which include receiving reports, supplier invoices, and freight bills, and scan and attach receiver packages in SAP
- Maintain logs and records relating to overseas containers
- Maintain proper documentation for preparation of monthly State Beverage Tax, working closely with Accounting Team in preparation of this report Assist Florida processing team to resolve issues preventing the release of payment to suppliers/vendors
- Update cost conditions as necessary to maintain accurate gross profit Interact with Portfolio Marketing Managers to resolve various issues related to inventory cost, invoice to PO reconciliation and identify gross profit issues related to cost.
- Escalate discrepancy issues to Portfolio Management Team or Supervisor when needed
- Process bill backs based on minimum charges with appropriate backup and follows up on missing information
A major medical organization with multiple locations across New York State.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Noor Staffing