Midtown area International Law Firm is currently seeking a Business Development Specialist for their offices in New York. This individual will support the firm's strategy and execution of firmwide RFP responses, significant client pitches, team processes and other major firmwide and business development initiatives. This individual will work under the Business Development Manager for Proposals and Training and will also provide the opportunity to participate and have a leading role in the development of their marketing training curriculum. This is a permanent opportunity and will pay 60-65k annually.
- Support the process for responding to firm-wide RFPs/RFI's; including, leading kick off meetings, participating in strategy sessions, drafting targeted, high quality content and updating and managing responses to questions about the firm.
- Support the coaching and preparation of attorneys for client pitches and presentations
- Work with business development team to ensure lawyers participate in post-RFP evaluations to obtain feedback
- Work with Business Development team and other stakeholders to develop business development training for attorneys
- Help build a department wide marketing staff training program including supporting the orientation/integration training for new business development team members
- Support the implementation and continued development of firm-wide, centralized experience database
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in marketing/communication, journalism, business or related field is required.
- Minimum of two years in professional service marketing with a demonstrated background in marketing and business development.
- Previous experience in legal marketing and RFP/proposal is highly desirable but not required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong work ethic, service orientation, and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage workload independently.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications. Interaction and Adobe skills are a plus