Certified Medical Assistants (CMAs) needed URGENTLY for various NYC hospitals!!
Prestigious hospitals throughout New York City (Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan) seek highly motivated Certified Medical Assistants. Qualified candidates would have previous experience working in hospital settings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering telephones, greeting patients, scheduling appointments
- Filing insurance paperwork and updating medical records
- Taking medical histories, recording vital signs
- Preparing patients for exams
- Collecting and preparing lab specimens
- Performing basic lab tests and sterilizing medical equipment
- Cleaning/sanitizing waiting and examination rooms
- Ordering supplies and equipment for the office
These are temporary positions with the possibility of extension (dependent on job performance & need).
- Medical Assistant Certification required (CMA, NHA)
- Minimum of 6 months' previous experience working in a healthcare setting
- Experience with medical billing, Eagle, Epic, IDX or other EMR/EHR software
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; good typing skills
- Excellent references from both current and previous employers
- High levels of integrity, discretion, and trust
- Prioritization of executive tasks and effective multitasking
- Highly detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Professional mindset and the utmost discretion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- United States work authorization