Accounts Receivable Specialist
POSITION: Accounts Receivable (A/R) Specialist
SUMMARY: A/R Specialist ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Entering daily cash from lockbox, daily deposits, credit cards, wire transfers or from any other source.
- Apply credits that appear on customer accounts to corresponding invoices.
- Preparing daily deposits, copying checks, deposit customer checks at bank.
- Daily review of aging, calling accounts for monies past due and provide customer with
information necessary to collect what is due. This includes but not limited to copies of invoices, packing lists and proof of delivery (POD).
- Follow up with customers to assure collections.
- Provide detailed collection notes in the A/R system for all accounts contacted or attempted to be contacted.
- Reconcile discrepancies on customer accounts including short paid invoices, open credits and open payments.
- Review payment terms and credits limits in order to release pending orders. Verify and post rebates, channel fees, and tracing fees for qualifying accounts.
- Assist Credit and Claims Clerk with credit references.
- Work closely with the sales team, and customer service department to ensure timely collections.
- There will be special projects as assigned by manager and upper management.
- Responsible for container direct, component and NY billings.
- Maintain Emerson location, including posting invoices and credit memos to accurately reflect inventory shipped based on tracing report provided by Emerson.
- Collect resale certificates for all customer ship to states, monitor the resale certificate database, Avalera, to ensure all certificates are valid and up to date for sales tax purposes. This includes adding new customer accounts, uploading valid resale certificates, monitoring certificates that expire, and requesting updated certificates when necessary.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Three plus years related experience.
Skills: Highly motivated, organized and detail oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Results oriented with a high sense of urgency. Ability to utilize the Microsoft NAV system in the daily execution of the position. Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Noor Staffing GroupRonkonkoma, NY
Finance and InsuranceView All Noor Staffing Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.