The HR Generalist will report to the Director of Human Resources (HR) and Operations of a non-profit organization. You shall be responsible for the overall administration of the recruitment, orientation, onboarding, and off-boarding processes. You will be part of a two person HR team and help to ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws, rules, and regulations. Responsibilities shall also include posting job vacancies using diverse sourcing resources, applicant tracking, interviewing, assistance with complex employee relations concerns, support performance management, create position descriptions, provide payroll support as it relates to enrolling and updating employee information, HR metrics and reporting, track employee training, affirmative action plan support, management of insurances, and other HR matters to include helping with recruitment videos and other social media initiatives. You shall also attend local business and college job fairs to promote the organization and identify candidates, interns, and/or new graduates to join the organization.
Required Competencies - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in human resources to include recruitment and staffing, employee relations, and HR generalist responsibilities in a non-profit or healthcare organization.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Training and Development, or related field is essential.
- SHRM or HRCI certification essential.
- Working knowledge of Paylocity HRIS/Payroll system is essential.
- Experience developing affirmative action plans is highly desired.
- Current knowledge of federal, state, and local employment compliance laws, rules, and regulations is essential.
- Notary experience is a plus.
- A self-starter with a caring spirit, exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, analytical, and reasoning skills and abilities are essential.
- Able to work in a fast-paced nonprofit environment and work flexible hours when needed.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse and multi-generational work environment.